Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Powershot lens Adapted to the NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Canon Powershot lens Adapted to the NEX Reply with quote

Hello friends, This has already been done previously ,bu t i wanted to do it myself as i had the optical assembly of a broken canon Powrshot a550(my first cam)!!! I made a disc out of Hard paper and used it to glue the lens assembly on to it without the rear element!!! Nex For mounting i pushed the disc inside a nex extension tube Base part( those screw on extesion tube available on ebay) Now as the rear lens elemt is not present the lens focus range is changed it focuses very close like a point and shoot but with a very wide angle as lens focual length collapsed is 5.8mm(dont know if it really giving 5.8mm FOV),but it is quite easy to focus and with the zooming assembly(i modified that too,photos will illusrate) its easy to take macro shots,though too close for insect macro ,but flowers and stuff is ok!!! Well i talked to much lets put up some photos Very Happy the Lens

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20137/big_6342_Image00003_1.jpg]
[/url]

Wide angle
[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20137/big_6342_Image00007_1.jpg]
[/url]

macro of same area

I hope you people will find this interesting !! Moreover if anyone else on this forum has doe similar conversion please share your effort!!! Thank You all Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting indeed, may not the best idea Smile but give some joy for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Attilla---did give me a lot pleasure on complition!!!
Surprised

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come this lens covers the APS sensor? Or did you crop?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:
Yeah Attilla---did give me a lot pleasure on complition!!!
Surprised

Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
How come this lens covers the APS sensor? Or did you crop?

I removed the last element and then the image circle covered the APS-c sensor!!! I didnt Crop!! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done this before with a cheap plastic P&S film camera, the rear element is a negative lens and the one that projects the correct sized image circle without the distortion that you are getting. The front elements, that you have used are normally the ones contained in the zoom part of the lens. Without the negative lens you can't focus on infinity.

The rear element is an important part and if used will give better results.

PS dont tell anyone this, because they'll laugh, but when I mounted my old lens (on a reversing ring) I used the screw-on cap from a shampoo bottle as a focus helical.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this, the curiosity and ingenuity is wonderful. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
I like the relatively sharp center and the soft corners. Looks a bit like the macro version of a very old portrait lens.

... or my 4x microscope objective posted here http://forum.mflenses.com/my-microscope-objective-photos-t59745,highlight,%2Bmicroscope+%2Bobjective.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did (badly) from a disposable camera: http://forum.mflenses.com/silly-rainy-day-project-disposable-camera-lens-t57852.html and since some time I have a Kodak Advantix (true APS Smile ) with a 24mm f/6.4 to be adapted (I need some free time, but I did not find in on Ebay Smile ).
All these are investigation of the bottom side of lenses, however... it is funny.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed primes are better than zooms for this type of project. I'm looking for the right one. Perhaps a broken Yashica T4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Fixed primes are better than zooms for this type of project. I'm looking for the right one. Perhaps a broken Yashica T4

I agree. I chose the Kodak because of its 24mm, somewhat rare short focal length. The Olympus XA is another, less wide option.