Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3 (4) 35mm compared, Minolta, RE Auto-topcor, Yashica ML
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: 3 (4) 35mm compared, Minolta, RE Auto-topcor, Yashica ML Reply with quote

An unscientific comparison of three 35 lenses with the Sony kit lens as a bonus track.
The lenses.
2.8 Minolta w rokkor-HQ 35mm
2.8 RE Auto-Topcor 35mm
2.8 Yashica ML 35mm

Sony NEX 5n, tripod, manual WB, JPG out of the box, resized.

F2.8 Minolta w rokkor-HQ 35mm

F2.8 RE Auto-Topcor 35mm

F2.8 Yashica ML 35mm

F5.6 Minolta w rokkor-HQ 35mm

F5.6 RE Auto-Topcor 35mm

F5.6 Yashica ML 35mm

F5.6 Sony kit 18-55

F8 Minolta w rokkor-HQ 35mm

F8 RE Auto-Topcor 35mm

F8 Yashica ML 35mm

8 Sony kit 18-55

100 %
F2.8 Minolta w rokkor-HQ 35mm
[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20137/big_6031_28_100_Minolta_w_rokkorHQ_35mm_1.jpg]
[/url]
F2.8 RE Auto-Topcor 35mm

F2.8 Yashica ML 35mm

F5.6 Minolta w rokkor-HQ 35mm

F5.6 RE Auto-Topcor 35mm

F5.6 Yashica ML 35mm

F5.6 Sony kit 18-55

Conclusion.
If you need to take a picture of a bouquet of flowers, then all four lenses are very suitable Smile
I notice that Sony's kit lens has a little more cold, blue tone.
I like the Topcor, but I must admit that all four lenses are doing very well.
Of course it is also important how the lens performs outdoors, at infinity, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: 3 (4) 35mm compared, Minolta, RE Auto-topcor, Yashica ML Reply with quote

Hi!

It looks to me like absolutely perfect critical focus may not quite be there in this comparison, which makes it hard to be sure about lens qualities. That said, to my eye it looks like the Topcor is the best at 2.8, with the Yashica clearly worst; and the Topcor and Minolta are pretty well tied at 5.6. The bokeh on all is pretty similar, a tiny bit creamier on the Topcor. Is that what you see?

Thanks for this comparison, much appreciated!

metalhund wrote:
An unscientific comparison of three 35 lenses with the Sony kit lens as a bonus track.
The lenses.
2.8 Minolta w rokkor-HQ 35mm
2.8 RE Auto-Topcor 35mm
2.8 Yashica ML 35mm

Sony NEX 5n, tripod, manual WB, JPG out of the box, resized.

Conclusion.
If you need to take a picture of a bouquet of flowers, then all four lenses are very suitable Smile
I notice that Sony's kit lens has a little more cold, blue tone.
I like the Topcor, but I must admit that all four lenses are doing very well.
Of course it is also important how the lens performs outdoors, at infinity, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be right in that the focus is a bit off. However, one should consider that it is a very small flower.
But then there is reason to perform another test. Very Happy
I think, however, it can provide some information about colors, etc.
In the whole, I prefer Topcors color and sharpness.