Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nex sensor cleaning sistem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Nex sensor cleaning sistem Reply with quote

Is it good? Are you happy with it ?I only activate it from time to time , the EOS 400D's seems better , it's automatic ,when shutting down the camera . Maybe I should do the same (manually - annoying) on the NEX ?
I allready have a few spots on the sensor , in 3 months of use .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got once a big spot , because I did bring my lens an old case which is start to fall down to many small parts. It was easy to clean with blower. Now I care more about cases and care more about adapters I bring adapters only in small zipped cases to avoid dusts. Solution is fine no more sensor cleaning required.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the impression that the sensor of my NEX is not as prone to dirt as the ones of my EOS cams.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I have the impression that the sensor of my NEX is not as prone to dirt as the ones of my EOS cams.

That's also my feeling...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

+5

Me thinks that mirror's flap may attract more dust?
NEX has less trouble than all other dSLR's sensors to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Got salt water on my sensor, E410, 4/3 camera. Changing lenses on a stormy day at the beach.

Did not shift with sensor system, but a little manual cleaning did the trick. I think most modern sensor cleaning systems have their limits and we still need to be daring occasionally and go deep into the throat of the camera occasionally. Embarassed Wink

I still favour the NEX for my APS-c camera box to go with my lenses, even tho Attila raves over the Samsung. Maybe I will wait a few more months. The cleaning system is the least of my worries.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cleaning system on Nex is not good as the one that Oly have. You should clean the sensor every 1-2 months. On oly pen no cleaning was needed after full year even after changin lenses a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucky guys...my NEX5N got more dust on the sensor than my Pentax ever had, and as much as I do sensor cleaning by camera and with blower, quite a few remain!

It's time a bought and used some other cleaning method..
and after some googling just ordered a "SensorKlear II LensPen"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digged up this thread after two years .
Not much photo in the last year , but I had some spots I knew and some newer.
Was kinda anxious how to do , but at last ,I used the blower that I bought one year ago but used only for lenses .Wow ! It worked !!!The big ones dissapeared from the lcdscreen on my old nex3 . So , I'm happy I don't ( obligatorily)have to brush/wet clean it .
So , probably the cleaning system + blowing from time to time can do the job .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got real crap on my NEX5 sensor a few weeks ago, the smaller the aperture the more obvious it was. Probably to do with the depth of focus.

200mm Rokkor at f3.5

at f11

I did a couple of videos at f11 too. When my kids saw it they asked how I got the dirty film (sic) retro look.

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o4lJsGUfgs&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really is dusty !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never seen a sensor like that Shocked

When the sensor is dusty I usually use the Pentax Lollypop, the one in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXLDwbR3V54