Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4 Reply with quote

Found this in a pawn shop for $10 today. I know I didn't get hurt on the price at all. But it has a rattle inside that sounds like a lose screw and I can not see anything moving around. The noise is coming from around the front element/focus ring area. It's not affecting anything (focus, picture, etc..) Should I be worried and try to get it out somehow or just not worry?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 10 USD ? for this price I take any lens what I found locally ... Now I have a big box with lenses without aperture, broken glasses etc Smile And all takes great pictures. My best buy was a Pentax 85mm f1.8 for 25 USD because edge of front lens was broken. This "broken" lens make beautiful portraits.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, 10USD. I know the owner of the store and every time I get him to the price I want he asks how bad he took a hit Very Happy

I wont take it apart, as I am sure I would kill the lens for good.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine had a rattle too shad309 (is that your name?). It was the front lens rattling because the retaining ring with the engraved text had worked loose. I think this sometimes happens through using filters. I just tightened it again with a large piece of rubber, or you could use a pencil eraser or even just wear a household glove.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will give that a shot and see what happens.

My name is Shad, I used my area code as part of screen name.