Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 80/2.8 AV - poor girl's Trioplan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 80/2.8 AV - poor girl's Trioplan Reply with quote

Having fallen in love with the crazy Trioplan-like bokeh, I acquired a Pentacon projector lens for EUR 4,-

Here are some unprocessed samples (only crop and RAW -> jpg).

Please forgive misfocus issues - I put it inside a spare set of macro tubes and focused by moving it in and out of them, hence some inevitable failure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice results Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those shots look good, were they all wide open?

the meyer optik / pentacon lenses are just something special...
even the cheap 1.8 50 has so much character.

my next meyer optik purchase will either be a Telefogar 3.5 / 90mm or a Primagon 4.5 / 35mm

-Ben

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you only shoot closeups with that set up?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Lena, good results. I've never been a Trioplan fan (I sold mine time ago, which turned out to be
a stupid financial decision), and when I used to have it, I always used it well stopped down because I hated the highlight circles Laughing
But, as they say, to everyone his own - I see where you want to go with the lens and I'd say you succeeded well. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All shots are wide open, this lens appears to have no iris. I can do close-ups as well, just by moving the lens further away from the camera in the tubes. I will try to fix some general purpose adapter for it. The working distance is quite small already as the rear part of the lens has a sticking out plastic part which won't let me get closer to the mirror. Most likely I will shorten it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lena for the images and your testing - another Trioplan 100 alternative lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending on how much you normally move it away from the camera, you could try to use some bellows to focus Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena, I still wonder about rendering of our local ŁZK EDAR (F) 100/2.8. It might be even more similar in construction with Meyer. I have to check that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny label as well, nice results!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pavko wrote:
Lena, I still wonder about rendering of our local ŁZK EDAR (F) 100/2.8. It might be even more similar in construction with Meyer. I have to check that.

Is it a projector lens? I don't recall having seen one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is. Check our local auction site. There should be at least one in reasonable price.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more shots from this lens

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, sorry Lena.

Nae offence but ah'm not seeing "nice results" or "good shots" ; ah'm seeing nice OOF backgrounds which can be produced by any number of normal lenses but the subjects are lost ( unless the background is the subject) . Ye need extension tubes, bellows or a helicoid adjuster. Ah found, using a Nikon enlarger lens, that shooting from angles helped extend D0F slightly.

Cool