Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Pentacon 80/2.8 AV - poor girl's Trioplan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 80/2.8 AV - poor girl's Trioplan Reply with quote

Having fallen in love with the crazy Trioplan-like bokeh, I acquired a Pentacon projector lens for EUR 4,-

Here are some unprocessed samples (only crop and RAW -> jpg).

Please forgive misfocus issues - I put it inside a spare set of macro tubes and focused by moving it in and out of them, hence some inevitable failure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice results Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those shots look good, were they all wide open?

the meyer optik / pentacon lenses are just something special...
even the cheap 1.8 50 has so much character.

my next meyer optik purchase will either be a Telefogar 3.5 / 90mm or a Primagon 4.5 / 35mm

-Ben

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you only shoot closeups with that set up?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Lena, good results. I've never been a Trioplan fan (I sold mine time ago, which turned out to be
a stupid financial decision), and when I used to have it, I always used it well stopped down because I hated the highlight circles Laughing
But, as they say, to everyone his own - I see where you want to go with the lens and I'd say you succeeded well. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All shots are wide open, this lens appears to have no iris. I can do close-ups as well, just by moving the lens further away from the camera in the tubes. I will try to fix some general purpose adapter for it. The working distance is quite small already as the rear part of the lens has a sticking out plastic part which won't let me get closer to the mirror. Most likely I will shorten it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lena for the images and your testing - another Trioplan 100 alternative lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending on how much you normally move it away from the camera, you could try to use some bellows to focus Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena, I still wonder about rendering of our local ŁZK EDAR (F) 100/2.8. It might be even more similar in construction with Meyer. I have to check that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny label as well, nice results!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pavko wrote:
Lena, I still wonder about rendering of our local ŁZK EDAR (F) 100/2.8. It might be even more similar in construction with Meyer. I have to check that.

Is it a projector lens? I don't recall having seen one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is. Check our local auction site. There should be at least one in reasonable price.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more shots from this lens

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, sorry Lena.

Nae offence but ah'm not seeing "nice results" or "good shots" ; ah'm seeing nice OOF backgrounds which can be produced by any number of normal lenses but the subjects are lost ( unless the background is the subject) . Ye need extension tubes, bellows or a helicoid adjuster. Ah found, using a Nikon enlarger lens, that shooting from angles helped extend D0F slightly.

Cool