Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to Photograph a Solar Eclipse
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: How to Photograph a Solar Eclipse Reply with quote

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/tips-and-solutions/how-photograph-solar-eclipse

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: How to Photograph a Solar Eclipse Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/tips-and-solutions/how-photograph-solar-eclipse

Like 1

Good one! I especially liked the "do not use flash" Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Photograph a Solar Eclipse Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Like 1

Like Dog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Photograph a Solar Eclipse Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

You'll laugh but during the last total solar eclipse I've actually seen an young woman with a nice Canon SLR using a good looking flash against the eclipsed sun. It was film era.
I couldn't help myself to ask her what brand is the flash and if she is content with it. She was enchanted that I've noticed her gear and explained to me that it was a very reliable flash for the contre-jour situations. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think courtesy to other photographers is the intent. Remember the information comes from a website more devoted to wider audience than we have here. A pretty complete beginner's guide...complete with tip to keep safe from any consequences due to irritating other photographers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Photograph a Solar Eclipse Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
... She was enchanted that I've noticed her gear ... Very Happy

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: How to Photograph a Solar Eclipse Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
kds315* wrote:

You'll laugh but during the last total solar eclipse I've actually seen an young woman with a nice Canon SLR using a good looking flash against the eclipsed sun. It was film era.
I couldn't help myself to ask her what brand is the flash and if she is content with it. She was enchanted that I've noticed her gear and explained to me that it was a very reliable flash for the contre-jour situations. Very Happy

Well Dan, I also try to always be kind and polite, yet also try to slip in some hints in situations like that.
A "how can you be so stupid" approach offends people and they never learn ... Wink Wink Wink
And maybe she wanted to shoot a portrait with the eclipse as background...it woudl have worked though! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Photograph a Solar Eclipse Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I also try to always be kind and polite

Laugh 1 Yeah, sure you do....