Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM Zuiko 35-80 f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Olympus OM Zuiko 35-80 f2.8 Reply with quote

hi i have recently bought the olympus Om zuiko 35-80 f2.8 ED lens in very good cosmetic condition with box, well what i have seen is a fungus on the front element and inside 1 inner element, i have managed to cleaned the front perfectly, now i am wondering to disassemble the lens to reach the inner element to remove fungus, even i have took test photos and they are crystal sharp and clean with no sign or impact of the inner thin fungus, but i want to clean it properly before selling. I am almost using it from 1 year AS IS and its producing extraordinary excellent photos and even beating my Canon L glass. if anyone have some info about the lens or any disassembly guide then it will be grateful, as i am able to disassemble but just afraid that i dont want to miss or mess something.

any help will be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this picture scares you enough not to open it. Wink Smile

There are parts manuals, but they are even more scarier.

http://olympus.dementix.org/Hardware/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
I'm not sure if this picture scares you enough not to open it. Wink Smile

There are parts manuals, but they are even more scarier.

http://olympus.dementix.org/Hardware/

Actually i have managed to open it, from top and bottom, but i was very unlucky, from the top the fungus was behind the lens which is behind the aperture, and from the bottom all elements are removed as they are in their groups, not separate. but from the bottom i was unable to reach the element behind the aperture, even i can reach but dont want to take any risk, so i am selling my lens as is, as its producing crisp sharp images without any effect of fungus on images. 100% perfect images and colour rendering.

Thanks for the optical diagram,