Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenit 3m
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Zenit 3m Reply with quote

A little camera p0rn, especially for my compatriot Fotomachi Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really is a cute camera.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A neighbour's 3m was the first SLR I ever used. Borrowed for several months until I got my own 12xp. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
A neighbour's 3m was the first SLR I ever used. Borrowed for several months until I got my own 12xp. Smile

Cute little camera, let's have a family picture Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just met and already a ménage ? trois?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
They just met and already a ménage ? trois?

As I said ... camera p0rn Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I really hate you now Razz I was trying hard to forget the Zenit-3M Revolution Anniversary, but you brought it back to my attention Rolling Eyes It looks so cute Crying or Very sad

When my pay check comes in, I'll place an order in the US. If it slips through customs, I'll go for it... 80 euro seems to be a regularly paid price for this item. Time to go to church Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection, Jiffie!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
Actually, I really hate you now Razz

Yeah, sure Very Happy

Quote:
When my pay check comes in, I'll place an order in the US. If it slips through customs, I'll go for it... 80 euro seems to be a regularly paid price for this item. Time to go to church Smile

It is cute, for sure ! What kind of lens is it ? (seems it will take you some time to clean it and make it shine ...).

I bought mine from someone in Antwerp (I had to remember my "beschaafd nederland" to finalise the deal Wink). It is working fine but I suspect the seller always used it at f3.5 'cause the aperture ring was stuck wide open.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
It is working fine but I suspect the seller always used it at f3.5 'cause the aperture ring was stuck wide open.

I too have such camera with objective Industar-61LZ which is better than Industar-50, IMHO.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use it ever ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Did you use it ever ?

Yes, I tried I-50 and I-61LZ. At the second apertura 2,8 against 3,5 at the first, that is actual for dark view-finder Zenit, contrast and clearness also is more at I-61LZ and it is more convenient for using.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not yet tested the Zenit 3m ... the viewfinder is quite dark and grainy, not very inviting .

But I tried the Industar on my DSLR (had to wait about 2 months for the m39-m42 adapter to be delivered).

Nice lens, but I need to make a hood for it, I think.

Problem is, I'm buying to much stuff and I don't have enough time to test them all. Right now, I have 20 rangefinders and 13 slrs ...

Waiting for my retirement, still 24 years to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenit 3M a great looking camera I also use as a display cam.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has the slow times not working - one day or another I will try to have it fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Zenit 3M a great looking camera I also use as a display cam.

On old Zenit-3m rubber shock-absorbers of the lever of a platoon and a mirror as a rule collapse, they can be cut out from rubber.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I recently bought a Zenit 3, and have a question for you experts! When I take a picture, the shutter closes until I pull the shutter lever (I'm not sure that's the right word) again. Is that how this camera works?

Thanks for any help!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tamararose93 wrote:
Hi! I recently bought a Zenit 3, and have a question for you experts! When I take a picture, the shutter closes until I pull the shutter lever (I'm not sure that's the right word) again. Is that how this camera works?

Thanks for any help!

Hi Tamara,

Aye the Zenit 3+3M, both work like that. The lever we would call the film winder, is known as the "cocking lever". Winding it causes the shutter and return mirror tae reset and the film tae wind on at the same time. It doesn't have an instant return mirror so the mirror remains raised, which is why ye see nothing 'til ye wind on. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Richard_D wrote:

Cute little camera, let's have a family picture Smile

Allways liked more the Zorky style even when , at 17 I was lunging for a Zenit E reflex ....that I got in the end and began photography .
The Zenit viewfinder seems to me now , after years ,not the easiest to focus on ....especially for a glass wearer like me .They were quite sturdy cameras .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must be cousins, Teo...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and another one for your collection:-

http://petapixel.com/2016/02/12/russian-zenit-camera-coming-back-battle-leica-luxury/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenith 3m was my first Slr , albeit with a HELIOS 44 Lens ( 58mm f2.0 ) ...loved the old TV style viewing screen.
After a few days I discovered some dust on the screen, wiped with a handkerchief , and had to have the screen replaced , as the hankie had rubbed off the screen s coating , rendering focusing impossible.