Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

czj tessar 1:4.5 f.15cm drp
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: czj tessar 1:4.5 f.15cm drp Reply with quote

hello,

I got this lens recently, and a bit disappointed by its (sharpness) performance. I know its an old lens, but still.
To be fair, this lens is in very bad condition. glass is more then ok. but the aperture blades where stuck on f24 and 2 of them where broken. so i removed the blades to test this lens.

here are some quick results.

The lens .

all shot at f; 4.5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old trick with broken aperture blades -
Reinstall just half the blades.
You won't get a round aperture any more, but for nearly any purpose these were designed for you won't notice the difference.

As for sharpness - Some LF tessars aren't actually that sharp wide open. They should give better results than this, unless your sensor is very dense. If you are using a 4/3 16mp then its quite hard to find an old lens that will seem sharp.
Are your posted pictures center crops ? If not then there may be something wrong, probably spacing problem or a decentered element.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 at time this sharpness what people want, nice dreamy look at wide open , soft focus. May even stop down a lot will not more sharper.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 at time this sharpness what people want, nice dreamy look at wide open , soft focus. May even stop down a lot will not more sharper.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi luisalegria,

These are no crops.
I do indeed use a 4/3 camera. i will try an other camera later.

and i little problem Razz it has 15 blades.
(i will try to put half back in).

100%

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get quite a lot of variation with old lenses.

Some of the Doppelanastigmats can be sharper than Tessars. I had a brass Rodenstock Eurynar that was amazing.