Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question regarding Leica Ltm to M adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Question regarding Leica Ltm to M adapter Reply with quote

I have a question,
when looking for an Leica Ltm to Leica M adapter, there is a pair of number (bold), what are these number for?

M39 LTM LSM Leica Screw Mount to Leica M Mount Lens Mount Adapter 28mm 90mm
M39 LSM LTM screw mount Lens Adapter for Leica M 35-135

Can one adapter to be used with canon ltm 50/1.8, 50/1.4, and 50/1.2 ?
what 'pair number' should I look for?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those numbers indicate the framelines that are reflected in the rangefinder of the Leica M camera.
If you want to use it on a NEX or Fuji (because you have an M-adapter already) that doesn't matter at all.
On a Leica M (any model) it is very impoartant.

The combinations are not free, there are only certain combinations that are determined by the combination of frames in the rangefinder.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leica_M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, I have two LTM>M adapter, one says 28-90, the other 35-135. Using them on GXR M I don't see any difference, to tell the truth they actually look identical to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, especially to Carsten, i am reading.
I will use the cheapeast first, then upgrade if needed.
Samples follow shortly...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Those numbers indicate the framelines that are reflected in the rangefinder of the Leica M camera.
If you want to use it on a NEX or Fuji (because you have an M-adapter already) that doesn't matter at all.
On a Leica M (any model) it is very impoartant.

The combinations are not free, there are only certain combinations that are determined by the combination of frames in the rangefinder.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leica_M

OK, still confusing regarding these numbers.
I am using with Nex5n, the lens is canon 50mm f1.8 RF Ltm.
I know it doesn't matter in my case, but since i am into these info, i try to understand anyway.

Also found these info:
http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptltm.htm

If I understand correctly, 90-frameline should be most compatible for all bodies?
Will an adapter, like 35-135, also cover 90 on M8 or M9?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The numbers on the adapters refer only to the frame lines they will select on the Leica M series cameras. In all other respects they are identical and it matters not at all which one you use on your NEX.

You ask "Will an adapter, like 35-135, also cover 90 on M8 or M9?" to which the answer is "No - only an adapter marked 90 will show the 90mm frame". If you're going to use an M camera, make sure you get the adapter which is specific to whatever focal length you're going to use on the body Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stephen.
Got it.

Basically an adapter 50-75 shows 50mm lines (outer) and 75mm lines (inner) on the leica bodies view finder.