Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.4 portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.4 portrait Reply with quote

This picture was my retouch exercise, I had to remove ugly background, makes skin to perfect look for magazines and fix eyes.
I am happy with skin and background removal on eye process I still have to learn much.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly right that magazines seem to like that "look" and you did very well to adopt that.
Allow me a personal comment, I'm not happy about that, I like to see real skin, not photoshopped
"beauties" and Krisztina is a beautiful woman with beautiful real skin. But if your professional work
demands that, well then be it... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Certainly right that magazines seem to like that "look" and you did very well to adopt that.
Allow me a personal comment, I'm not happy about that, I like to see real skin, not photoshopped
"beauties" and Krisztina is a beautiful woman with beautiful real skin. But if your professional work
demands that, well then be it... Wink

Smile thanks for kind comment.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! lucky Attila with such pretty woman !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila: perfect job with the colour photo, really!

The only thing wrong about the eyes are the multiple catch lights. They don't look very good, you should clone them out except ore or at maximum two of them.
Other than that... perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.: Talking about details, in the bw image, the white in her eyes looks too white, like the image background.
Coudl you give it a little tone and/or some fine structure?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work on both of them and i must agree with what Orio and Klaus said about the eyes. Regarding the "wax doll" look of the skin, it s what the magazines require these days i guess. Not my cup of tea, but business is business.

Tomas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
P.S.: Talking about details, in the bw image, the white in her eyes looks too white, like the image background.
Coudl you give it a little tone and/or some fine structure?

Yes, I note it too, little ping pong ball light , still have to learn about eye process or just simple pass it to Christine to finish eyes well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila: perfect job with the colour photo, really!

The only thing wrong about the eyes are the multiple catch lights. They don't look very good, you should clone them out except ore or at maximum two of them.
Other than that... perfect.

Thank you for valuable note, I will try to improve my knowledge and Chris will finish this picture before going to sale.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
Great work on both of them and i must agree with what Orio and Klaus said about the eyes. Regarding the "wax doll" look of the skin, it s what the magazines require these days i guess. Not my cup of tea, but business is business.

Tomas

Yes, thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the specifics of portrait photography, but they look wonderful to me! The black and white version is very arty.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't like when women are portrayed as plastic dolls, but IMHO you've taken your "smooth skin" technique down to perfection. Both portraits look natural and stunningly good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks my friends!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
I also don't like when women are portrayed as plastic dolls, but IMHO you've taken your "smooth skin" technique down to perfection.

I agree, skin retouch made with great taste, not overdone, bravo to Attila!
Beauty product companies will not pay you if you show a picture of woman with pores and too many wrinkles.
It's business, not art - but artists too need to eat and pay the rent. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
fermy wrote:
I also don't like when women are portrayed as plastic dolls, but IMHO you've taken your "smooth skin" technique down to perfection.

Beauty product companies will not pay you if you show a picture of woman with pores and too many wrinkles.

Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
fermy wrote:

Very true words!