Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another Uno
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Another Uno Reply with quote

I recently found out that my Aldis Uno 4.5/4 inch probably isn't an Uno at all but a normal triplet, i.e. 3 elements in 3 groups instead of 3 in 2. A couple of days later I bumped on a real 7.7/5 inch Uno on eBay, Buy It Now was GBP 6.99 + 3.00 so I didn't hesitate for very many seconds, I just had to get it Smile It arrived today and is a nice little thing with no aperture mechanism at all, but with a max aperture of f/7.7, who cares. Here it is beside the 2.8/50 Trioplan:

This certainly is my smallest long lens, 127mm. Test photos will follow shortly once I get it mounted. The group spacing can be increased by up to about 3mm for bokeh fine-tuning, which will be the most interesting thing.

Veijo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful you dont lose it, or the dog eats it or something. Tiny

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's tiny! I look forward to seeing the results.