Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Zeiss 50mm f 1.4 vs Nikkor f 1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Contax Zeiss 50mm f 1.4 vs Nikkor f 1.2 Reply with quote

I need a new 50mm and I'm split between these two lens. What are your thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both can be equally great , Zeiss will better in crap light provide more contrast, both will be equally sharp stopped down, Nikon at 1.2 have amazing bokeh.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can no one else say a thing or two about one of these lens?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you searched for samples? I use the Planar 50/1.4 as my main lens. I have the older Nikkor 55/1.2 which has less contrast and glows at larger apertures. Looks impressive on the camera though!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The planar is the standart of the very good 1,4/50 mm lens.

It's difficult to find any bad thing about it.

About the nikkor 1,2 lens, I had it and is good. My Minolta 1,2/58 is better to me.

Planar wins.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to lean toward the Contax cause it should have more value as times goes on. The nikkor is still made new so its value will stay the same. Also the Contax focus the "right" direction