Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need physical dimensions of Tele-Takumar 300mm f6.3 hood
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Need physical dimensions of Tele-Takumar 300mm f6.3 hood Reply with quote

Would someone who owns a Tele-Takumar 300mm f6.3 hood please give me the physical dimensions? I got a minty one in all respects, but no hood. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nobody answers you could make out some forum members who own the hood in the linked thread and ask directly:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=16027

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kuaan. I got the question answered on another forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I just sold mine...

For 58mm filter threads...here's a photo that may help -- the lens body from mount (not including cap) to front is 187mm, according to the mechanical drawing in Gerjan's book. The photo was made with flat-field macro lens (100/4) so the dimensions on the photo should scale reasonably well to the actual dimensions.

For example, on my screen, the lens body in the photo measures 154mm, so the measurement conversion factor for photo measurements to lens measurements is 187 / 154 = ~1.2

In the photo the hood measures 63mm long not counting its threads, so 63 * 1.2 = 76mm actual hood length, and, the hood diameter measures 53mm, so 53mm * 1.2 = 64mm actual hood diameter.

I wonder how close that is?