Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Katz-Eye focusing screen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Katz-Eye focusing screen Reply with quote

My Katz-Eye focusing prism arrived to Hungary, customs sitting on it.Hopefully I can get it on next Tuesday and I able to share my opinion. I expect pretty much if it true it will be allow focusing above f/8. For my Olympus E-1 a very important tool, E-1 has a bright clear view finder, but in some situation is not enough to make sharp capture. Hopefully this prism will help as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the screen in my camera, that was very easy less than 2 seconds. Seems perform very well like my old Praktica Smile Hopefully I will able to test tomorrow in real action with at least f/8 aperture set.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally satisfied with Nikon D50 built-in focus confirmation. Why do you want split screen ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see ! You have right , thanks for detailed explanation!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I had a chance to test Katz-Eye focusing screen. It works well I could use with F11 and sometimes with F16 this is much better than somebody else reported from Chinese screens. Need to calibrate the light meter for correct exposition. Need to recalibrate sometimes after lens changed on camera body. I need more experience with that, but the first impressions are very positive.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second day with Katz-Eye focusing screen, need always calibrate the light meter for every lenses and for f/stops and sometimes same hard to make proper focus than with original viewfinder. I don't know this time this is useful replacement or I will go back to the original one. Need more practice I guess to make proper review. I don't think so any focusing screen need if you have focus confirmation. I like much more Nikon build-in focus confirmation than with this focusing prism.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Third day with Katz-Eye Reply with quote

Hey, I am getting satisfied with my new combo Olympus-E1 and Katz-Eye takes time to learn how to handle them together. Today I made many crispy razor sharp images and a few unsharpened images only. I am happy now! I suppose I will sell my Nikon D50 and keep for a while Olympus E-1 only.