Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Man I wish I had time to be here more often!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Man I wish I had time to be here more often! Reply with quote

And I’ve promised myself I will! I am shooting art and artists as often as possible and today I was fortunate enough to shoot David Foglia, painter/sculptor/glass artist and master of all those arts. Though presently very successful he was born 300 years too late as he paints 18th century oil masterpieces.

Here’s one of the paintings I shot today with a 30D and a Helios 44M-4 Yesssss

Cheers

Jules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superbly shot and what an interesting piece of art. He may be successful, but it looks like he has earned it

patrickh

Great new "focus" for your hobby. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Superbly shot and what an interesting piece of art. He may be successful, but it looks like he has earned it

patrickh

Great new "focus" for your hobby. Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks much Patrick.
Yes he's rather known, mostly for his glass works, some of which have been in the NY MOMA.

Uhhh . . not exactly a hobby Wink

Cheers

Jules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your job? Jealousy.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Your job? Jealousy.

patrickh

Well, that's a long story. Most of my adult life has been in the arts, music mostly but I got pretty tired of the road (25 years worth) and retired from that long and winding black thing (Roadzilla as we used to call it).

I always was shooting in that time. Then I was a portrait photographer for a year or so and absolutely hated it, the fingers in the face etc etc, then, because I was familiar with computers, I became a data analyst for about 12 years.

Now my photography is taking over and I plan to ride out the next however-long-I-have as a photographer or something like that anyway.

Yes I'm an old fart. Wink

Cheers

Jules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jules
No-one is older or more fartier than I Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PS I done work any more and am happy in my poverty. I can also tell everyone with a straight face (almost) "It wasn't like that in my day"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting artwork.