Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios-44 f2/58mm, M39 No8001907 an uncommon lens - cheap.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Helios-44 f2/58mm, M39 No8001907 an uncommon lens - cheap. Reply with quote

I have for sale a uncommon to find variation of the early Helios model 44 lens. This variation was one of the very last model 44 lenses made before the whole production switched to the helios-44-2 lenses.

Specifications: As you all know it`s and f2/58 mm Boigon copy lens. It still has the M39 mount and 8 aperture blades. The body is made out of painted nickle. Serial number is " No8001907" which means that the lens was made in 1968 in the MMZ factory.

Condition: The lens has seen better days. Outer body looks in rather poor`ish condition. The paint has peeled of all around the body, however no serious damage such as dents, deep scratches and etc. Glasses on the other hand are really good. Yes, there are visible cleaning marks on both frond and rear elements, but they do not pose any threat to picture quality. In fact most of them are hard to see. As for the technical quality. I have fully went through the inner bits and pieces of the lens. Cleaned out the dust, re`lubed the focus and aperture rings so now they move very smoothly. Aperture blades seem to have a few spots of oil inside, but nothing serious.

Price: Taking in mind the condition of the lens I`m asking 30 USD + shipping and paypal taxes. Shipping is 13 USD inside the EU and 18 to the rest of the world. Shipping is via registered, priority mail.

At the moment I will not be adding the lens on to ebay, however if no one grabs it here quickly - I will Smile.

Pictures of the lens:

Last edited by Drack on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is practically the same as mine (serial 805xxxx) and can say its quality/price ratio is really good and that's a funny lens to use

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
Is practically the same as mine (serial 805xxxx) and can say its quality/price ratio is really good and that's a funny lens to use

Thanks for the kind words Smile. I also have a similar one ( serial 70xxxxx) however I haven`t tried it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also keep one of these and I find it more sharp than its successors...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had the 13 bladed version, however it`s condition was very bad. The front element had so many scratches and fungus it was too bad for me to keep. Did not even try it, so I just sold it....wonder if it`s performance was good or not Smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now on ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/221238502454?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Helios-44 f2/58mm, M39 No8001907 an uncommon lens - chea Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
I have for sale a uncommon to find variation of the early Helios model 44 lens. This variation was one of the very last model 44 lenses made before the whole production switched to the helios-44-2 lenses.

Specifications: As you all know it`s and f2/58 mm Boigon copy lens. It still has the M39 mount and 8 aperture blades. The body is made out of painted nickle. Serial number is " No8001907" which means that the lens was made in 1968 in the MMZ factory.

Condition: The lens has seen better days. Outer body looks in rather poor`ish condition. The paint has peeled of all around the body, however no serious damage such as dents, deep scratches and etc. Glasses on the other hand are really good. Yes, there are visible cleaning marks on both frond and rear elements, but they do not pose any threat to picture quality. In fact most of them are hard to see. As for the technical quality. I have fully went through the inner bits and pieces of the lens. Cleaned out the dust, re`lubed the focus and aperture rings so now they move very smoothly. Aperture blades seem to have a few spots of oil inside, but nothing serious.

Price: Taking in mind the condition of the lens I`m asking 35 USD + shipping and paypal taxes. Shipping is 13 USD inside the EU and 18 to the rest of the world. Shipping is via registered, priority mail.

At the moment I will not be adding the lens on to ebay, however if no one grabs it here quickly - I will Smile.

Pictures of the lens:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Helios-44 f2/58mm, M39 No8001907 an uncommon lens - chea Reply with quote

Price has been reduced to 35 $ - http://www.ebay.com/itm/221246411913?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it uncommon? Sry, I didn't get it.

Still, Helios 44 is great lens IMHO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:

The most common ones are the Helios 44-2 and later, but this is an original Helios-44 (without the -2 beind),
Older and somewhat better lens for sharpness and colouring.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
BurstMox wrote:

The most common ones are the Helios 44-2 and later, but this is an original Helios-44 (without the -2 beind),
Older and somewhat better lens for sharpness and colouring.

Addition to that, most of the Helios-44 had silver finish and only the ones made in the last few years of productions wore black/zebra versions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these Helios 44 black finish, very good lens, better than later ones IMO, sold it in favor of the alu version (a matter of taste) but I think I should have kept it.

Price is not bad either

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, I didn't know it was significatly more rare than the silver version.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very good lens - i have the same version but mine has serial 6046256.
How do you date those by serial number? The first 2 digits seems are not the year of production.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All black versions where made in the 60`s and the first number indicates the exact year. In your case 6xxxxxx means 1966

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios-44 f2/58mm, M39 No8001907 an uncommon lens - chea Reply with quote

Price reduced to 30 $ + shipping.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know how long it takes to norway and how much??
regards!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

negreter19 wrote:
do you know how long it takes to norway and how much??
regards!!

PM sent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios-44 f2/58mm, M39 No8001907 an uncommon lens - chea Reply with quote

SOLD