Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron 2/28 MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Kiron 2/28 MC Reply with quote

On a Canon 350D.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Kiron is - quite similar to the Vivitar 2/28 close focus - a lens that really shines on an APS-crop DSLR, but loses a lot on fullframe.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't saturate colours very well does it? Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is one fine sample you have there!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is to use on crop cameras as it is sharp in full open. This lens works best for snap-shoot. For close-ups, I would perfer the vivitar version(with or without close focus) as it a longer focus throw.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: On Nikon D7000 Reply with quote

The results look good to me on D7000.
See what you think:
@f11

@f8

@f5.6

Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
This Kiron is - quite similar to the Vivitar 2/28 close focus - a lens that really shines on an APS-crop DSLR, but loses a lot on fullframe.

It just may be the same lens. If the Vivitar's serial number begins with 22, it was made by Kiron.
If memory serves, Vivitar sold two different 28/2.0s so it may be a different one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

It just may be the same lens. If the Vivitar's serial number begins with 22, it was made by Kiron.
If memory serves, Vivitar sold two different 28/2.0s so it may be a different one.

Here is mine - it is a Kiron 28mm f2.
I'm not sure about Vivitar. I think that their 28/2 was by Komine - did Kiron make a 28/2 for Vivitar or only the 28/2.8 and the 28/2.5.
Anyhoo this one is badged Kiron:
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

I'm not sure about Vivitar. I think that their 28/2 was by Komine - did Kiron make a 28/2 for Vivitar or only the 28/2.8 and the 28/2.5.
Cheers
OH

That very Kiron 28/2 was also available as a Vivitar. Here is an example: Ebay auction no. 400467970836
I have one (Kiron) and sometimes use it as a standard on my Samsung NX). It's the second I own. The first one had oily blades, something Kiron lenses are prone to. A very nice lens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

Cheers
OH

That very Kiron 28/2 was also available as a Vivitar. Here is an example: Ebay auction no. 400467970836
I have one (Kiron) and sometimes use it as a standard on my Samsung NX). It's the second I own. The first one had oily blades, something Kiron lenses are prone to. A very nice lens.

Thank you for posting the link.
Yes it seems to be the same lens, with slight differences.
You are right - it is a good one.
Enjoy
OH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
It doesn't saturate colours very well does it? Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is one fine sample you have there!

Yes it is a good lens.
On the odd occasion that the lighting itself is flat, the lens records it exactly as it sees it.
It is so easy to adjust the saturation - even in something as simple as Picassa.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It is to use on crop cameras as it is sharp in full open. This lens works best for snap-shoot. For close-ups, I would perfer the vivitar version(with or without close focus) as it a longer focus throw.

Well I'm not impressed with my Vivitar 28mm f2 Kiron made (on a film camera), it's soft WO and stopped down have sharper 28mms. So I can't find a use for this Vivitar unless the light conditions (without flash) were so poor I'd need a 1600 ISO film and I must get the shot come what may.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more images from Kiron 28mm f2

This one taken at f/2 - notice out of focus background highlights.

This one taken at f/5.6

Here is 1:1 crop from the same image

Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more: