Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

650mm Century Tele Athenar II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: 650mm Century Tele Athenar II Reply with quote

This subject has been well worn out, but here's what I got with my trusty old Century lens, a high school graduation gift in 1980. I waited at the facility while they made it. It was the most popular long telephoto among surf photographers at the time. Taken last month with a Nikon D300S, f/8 and 1/200.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.
Such fine detail
Thank you
OH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is local!
A Los Angeles lens for a Los Angeles surf photographer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, OH.
I've tried it with an older Nikon TC200 2x converter, but the image quality takes a real dive. I need to find a better converter, or maybe better yet a camera with good sensor that has a higher crop factor than the 1.5X of my 300S. I'd like to see how close I can get with that venerable old lens. Happy Holidays!
Bb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive, I like it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it too. Nice work.

It's shots like this that make me wonder. . . why are there more craters on the south end of the moon?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small