Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piesker Tele-Picon 180/5.5 - and DSLR conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Piesker Tele-Picon 180/5.5 - and DSLR conversion Reply with quote

I got my Piesker lens yesterday, and this afternoon had a chance to give it a try.

I was mistaken in thinking it had an M39 thread behind the Exakta mount. What it had though was something just as good - removing the Exakta mount, there is a mounting ring that fits right into a T-mount.

This of course will go into extension rings to adjust the focal distance. I got it very nearly exactly right vis-a-vis the marked infinity, just a little over. It will also take Series VI threaded items.

All the Piesker lenses in Exakta mount I have seen (and that is pretty much all of them) seem to have the same mount, and so I think this same T-mount trick will work on all of them.

Please excuse my depth of field on these pictures, I did not see the error until just now.

Just some test shots - all at f/5.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those it produces very pleasing images. The Tmount trick is useful to know, it might make them useable on a Nikon...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very interesting lens! Looks a bit like the Trioplan 100 - typical German design. Wink

Nice shots! Seems to be a nice find! Isn't it great to revive such an old glass on a digital body?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could well be a Trioplan, or a variation.

What was that trick of identifying elements/groups with a flashlight ?

If someone can explain it I can check.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could well be a Trioplan, or a variation.

What was that trick of identifying elements/groups with a flashlight ?

If someone can explain it I can check.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trioplan's bigger brother? Laughing It may be a triplet lens. I'll be waiting for the bokeh-test Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has all characteristics we M42-fans love: it looks nostalgic-freakish but produces nevertheless excellent photos.

Gratulation for this acquirement!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: More shots from the Piesker Reply with quote

I took the Piesker out at lunch today. Unfortunately the fog was coming in and it wasn't as bright as the last few days.

All wide-open at f/5.5; this is not the optimum, but it is probably the best to show lens quality.

And the seagull of course -

100% crop (If I am understanding that term correctly)

This is not the best performance I have seen, but its pretty good.