Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slow 28mm - Kuribayashi vs. Konishiroku
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Slow 28mm - Kuribayashi vs. Konishiroku Reply with quote

I'll understand if nobody can make this comparison because the Kuribayashi (Petri) mount is so problematic. And I'm thinking here of Kuribayashi lenses with the Petri breech-lock mount only. Still, both these lenses could have been used by someone on a mirrorless camera.

At least superficially, the Kuribayashi and the Konishiroku (Hexanon) lenses are similar:

Both lenses are 28mm and both are only f3.5. Register distance for both lenses is rather short. There are two versions (5 element and 7 element) of the Hexanon. I'm not particular, and am interested in a comparison of either one against the Kuribayashi lens.

Despite the superficial similarities, one striking difference between the Kuribayashi and the Konishiroku lenses is price. The Kuribayashi lens, with chromed surfaces and everything else, is going for roughly 25% (give or take) the price of the Hexanon.

I've always considered the Konishiroku (Hexanon) lenses to be gems. I just wonder if the Kuribayashi (Petri) lens is better or worse. Question

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the Kuribayashi lens is as good. I have the Petri 2.8/35, decent lens but far behind the Konica 2.8/35.