Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

mount Adapters for Konica lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: mount Adapters for Konica lenses? Reply with quote

Could anyone(probably Ian) inform me why there doesn't appear to be an adapter to mount Konica lenses to PK or M42,or any camera brand ? Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the register distance on Konica is the shortest among 35mm SLRs, so any adapter from Konica to another SLR system would be macro only.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Because the register distance on Konica is the shortest among 35mm SLRs, so any adapter from Konica to another SLR system would be macro only.

+1 adapter not exists.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I already knew that, but seeing as I only shoot Macro I have a Vivitar by Komine 35mm f1.9 that i would like to try on any of my 6 different brand film camera bodies,Helicoids and bellows,it has 55mm front thread but that limits me to reverse mount only. Surely there must be some type of lash up that will work,obviously with a fast wide angle as this I could get some unique magnification + what might Bokeh be like,and yes I have tons of lenses for macro & helicoids +bellows but I am intrigued what this combo could do. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Think I already knew that, but seeing as I only shoot Macro I have a Vivitar by Komine 35mm f1.9 that i would like to try on any of my 6 different brand film camera bodies,Helicoids and bellows,it has 55mm front thread but that limits me to reverse mount only. Surely there must be some type of lash up that will work,obviously with a fast wide angle as this I could get some unique magnification + what might Bokeh be like,and yes I have tons of lenses for macro & helicoids +bellows but I am intrigued what this combo could do. Thanks

H'mm with film, the camera body is just a box between the photographer and the lens...so the results would be the same just using the most convenient one of your cameras. so I'm not sure of your problem.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Konica mount is virtually identical to the Nikon one so you could use an M42-Nikon adapter, if such a thing exists. The lens will fit the Nikon mount but it won't lock securely in place.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Ian,it's nice to know I can rely on you for the oddball requests,and yes I already have both PK & M42.Regards

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
The Konica mount is virtually identical to the Nikon one so you could use an M42-Nikon adapter, if such a thing exists. The lens will fit the Nikon mount but it won't lock securely in place.

Distance register is the same for both?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The distance register is different but if the lens will go on you can use it. Macro only.

Thanks for that tip Ian.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I vaguely seem to remember that I mentioned I wanted it for macro only :roll

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, macro only and some tape might be required to hold it on securely, but it should work.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You betcha! pity I sold my arc welder last month.Cheers Ian.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Yes, macro only and some tape might be required to hold it on securely, but it should work.

hot glue behind the mount will hold it and look better.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, hot glue would be better. I'd try tape first to check it works, then glue it if all is fine.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you realize I had a bad case of tongue in cheek when I referred to arc welder Smile