Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing my om zuiko 50mm f1.8 with a raynox dcr 150
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Testing my om zuiko 50mm f1.8 with a raynox dcr 150 Reply with quote

This zuiko lens is one I go back to again and again, we had a bit of prolonged sunshine yesterday (very rare up here!) so remembering I had bought an adapter ring allowing the Raynox to fit I took it out to the botanic gardens in Glasgow to have a wee play with the combination.

Spoonface by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Itsy Bitsy by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Flame Lilly by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Daisy Recession by Caledonia84, on Flickr

I also took this with a helios 44 58mm with extension tubes and the raynox the sundew is tiny this time of year so I needed the boost!

Deadly Sundew by Caledonia84, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing my om zuiko 50mm f1.8 with a raynox dcr 150 Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
This zuiko lens is one I go back to again and again, we had a bit of prolonged sunshine yesterday (very rare up here!) so remembering I had bought an adapter ring allowing the Raynox to fit I took it out to the botanic gardens in Glasgow to have a wee play with the combination.

First one stands out because it's such a stunning looking flower but the shot also looks super sharp!

Very nice photograph!

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: bokeh and colour rendition also top notch!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stunning pictures really good macro shots

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys can't recommend the raynox enough very easy to use has its limitations but well worth buying especially if you can get it second hand like I did Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful flower photos, congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
Thanks guys can't recommend the raynox enough very easy to use has its limitations but well worth buying especially if you can get it second hand like I did Very Happy

I agree the Raynox adapters are excellent pieces of glass, I have the 250 and love it.

Super photos, by the way. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of shots with the Raynox and they are impressive, it looks as though they got it right. And using a good lens must help as well. As does the photographer Wink
Very nice images.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing my om zuiko 50mm f1.8 with a raynox dcr 150 Reply with quote

parabellumfoto wrote:
caledonia84 wrote:

First one stands out because it's such a stunning looking flower but the shot also looks super sharp!

Very nice photograph!

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: bokeh and colour rendition also top notch!

+10

The results are simply awesome!

Congrats and thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated Smile thinking of trying a similar experiment with my Yashica 50mm for comparison