Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing my om zuiko 50mm f1.8 with a raynox dcr 150
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Testing my om zuiko 50mm f1.8 with a raynox dcr 150 Reply with quote

This zuiko lens is one I go back to again and again, we had a bit of prolonged sunshine yesterday (very rare up here!) so remembering I had bought an adapter ring allowing the Raynox to fit I took it out to the botanic gardens in Glasgow to have a wee play with the combination.

Spoonface by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Itsy Bitsy by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Flame Lilly by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Daisy Recession by Caledonia84, on Flickr

I also took this with a helios 44 58mm with extension tubes and the raynox the sundew is tiny this time of year so I needed the boost!

Deadly Sundew by Caledonia84, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing my om zuiko 50mm f1.8 with a raynox dcr 150 Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
This zuiko lens is one I go back to again and again, we had a bit of prolonged sunshine yesterday (very rare up here!) so remembering I had bought an adapter ring allowing the Raynox to fit I took it out to the botanic gardens in Glasgow to have a wee play with the combination.

First one stands out because it's such a stunning looking flower but the shot also looks super sharp!

Very nice photograph!

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: bokeh and colour rendition also top notch!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stunning pictures really good macro shots

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys can't recommend the raynox enough very easy to use has its limitations but well worth buying especially if you can get it second hand like I did Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful flower photos, congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
Thanks guys can't recommend the raynox enough very easy to use has its limitations but well worth buying especially if you can get it second hand like I did Very Happy

I agree the Raynox adapters are excellent pieces of glass, I have the 250 and love it.

Super photos, by the way. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of shots with the Raynox and they are impressive, it looks as though they got it right. And using a good lens must help as well. As does the photographer Wink
Very nice images.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing my om zuiko 50mm f1.8 with a raynox dcr 150 Reply with quote

parabellumfoto wrote:
caledonia84 wrote:

First one stands out because it's such a stunning looking flower but the shot also looks super sharp!

Very nice photograph!

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: bokeh and colour rendition also top notch!

+10

The results are simply awesome!

Congrats and thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated Smile thinking of trying a similar experiment with my Yashica 50mm for comparison