Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What are your favorite 21mm-24mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: What are your favorite 21mm-24mm Reply with quote

Need a new lens to replace my nikkor 24mm ais. It has to be at least f 2.8 but you can still list your favorite for fun.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What are your favorite 21mm-24mm Reply with quote

Victor Nguyen wrote:
Need a new lens to replace my nikkor 24mm ais. It has to be at least f 2.8 but you can still list your favorite for fun.

Well I have no idea how my Sigma superwide II compares to a Nikon but I'm happy with it for what I use it for..... after all "what you don't know you don't miss".

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to find a better one than the Nikkor.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the nikkor 2,8/24 AIS, newer than the K version.

Why do you change it? I found that it's a very good lens for the money.

If i should afford the leica, minolta, zeiss (in 25 mm of course), well the change should be a fact.

Tell us, if you want to, why you get off that nikkor.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Hard to find a better one than the Nikkor.

+1 for multiply more money you can find may little better from Zeiss or Leica.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What are your favorite 21mm-24mm Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Victor Nguyen wrote:

Well I have no idea how my Sigma superwide II compares to a Nikon but I'm happy with it for what I use it for..... after all "what you don't know you don't miss".

Wise , very true. In general 24mm lenses are excellent from any well known makers.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What are your favorite 21mm-24mm Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Wise , very true. In general 24mm lenses are excellent from any well known makers.

I'm like you in that I rarely use a lens wide open, so that helps one lens to be more of an equalizer compared to others Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: What are your favorite 21mm-24mm Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Attila wrote:

I'm like you in that I rarely use a lens wide open, so that helps one lens to be more of an equalizer compared to others Wink

Pros rarely use lens wide open .. Laughing at the beginning of mflenses.com I remember for a member who made amazing shoots with usual lenses , he is Bulgarian. His father spent his life as camera man he did teach her son to use F8-F11 much as possible, I did listen to this advice it was wise, my success ratio did increased a lot.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR.JUAN wrote:

If i should afford the leica, minolta, zeiss (in 25 mm of course), well the change should be a fact.

I love this lens. The only reason I changed I wanna get rid of it is because the filter ring is bent. I'm gonna go to my local camera repair shop this week and try to see if they can bang it back. If not then I'll sell it and just get another nikkor 24mm. Man is this lens sharp and light.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be not an issue , they able to fix it , don't worry.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Nguyen wrote:
DR.JUAN wrote:

I love this lens. The only reason I changed I wanna get rid of it is because the filter ring is bent. I'm gonna go to my local camera repair shop this week and try to see if they can bang it back. If not then I'll sell it and just get another nikkor 24mm. Man is this lens sharp and light.

Well I want sharpness too, but there are other things to consider and the forum would be less interesting if it was all about sharp lenses. Wink
Another lens that should at least equal the Nikon would be the expensive Canon FD 24mm f2.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, yeah, I was itching to write since yesterday that FD 24 f2 is without a shadow of a doubt the best 24mm that I've ever had, but held off since I have one for sale.

Btw it's not that expensive either, I'm selling a minty one converted to EOS for 300 Euros, FD version would be cheaper although I am keeping that one for myself.

Canon FD 24mm F2, wide open.

Crop of the above
[/img]

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the Nikkor fixed.

My favourite has to be my (AF, although the AF does not work), Sigma Superwide II (24mm). Even with a nasty scratch, it makes nice images.