Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji X-E1 and Zeiss Tessar 45mm f2.8 (C/Y) (new b&w pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Fuji X-E1 and Zeiss Tessar 45mm f2.8 (C/Y) (new b&w pics Reply with quote

I'm really happy with this combination. Here some samples :

Tulip field by G.Don, on Flickr

Deserted car park by G.Don, on Flickr

No comment by G.Don, on Flickr

Stones and Bones by G.Don, on Flickr

My cool wife by G.Don, on Flickr

Knokke Heist, Belgium, 15:12h CET by G.Don, on Flickr

Fristi by G.Don, on Flickr

Last edited by asterinex on Sat May 18, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, thanks for sharing! Will have to do a Google on this XE-1.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice samples with this combo, great noise at 4000 iso, thanks for sharing full flickr samples

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but what does it look like with the lens on the front? Razz

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could you post a pic of the lens?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
could you post a pic of the lens?

Yes, I will try to add a picture of the lens this week.

The lens is a pancake lens and I believe one of the smallest it's kind. Shame is that the adapter is as thick as the lens.
So I estimate a total of 5 cm (adapter + lens). Which is still very small and lightweight.

(PS : I want to add that I used some filmpresets. So it could be that some noise is grain)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you share the type/name of the film preset used? I really like the look. Great pictures!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawit wrote:
Could you share the type/name of the film preset used? I really like the look. Great pictures!

The first two and the last one came straight like that out of the camera.
On the other ones I did minor manual adjustments. The output of the X-E1 is really filmisch by itself. No need to do much.
On the internet though you can find lots of free presets. Just google 'Lightroom Presets'...

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just paid for one of those lenses; hopefully I have it in the mail in a couple of days.

I will use it on an Olympus Epl1.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurin wrote:
I just paid for one of those lenses; hopefully I have it in the mail in a couple of days.

I'll see you have a lot of good legacy already, so it won't give you a wow effect. Anyway, this lens is really good and sharp, especially stopped down.
It works perfectly on E-PL1. I come from E-P1(which I still have) and used a lot of contax/yashica glass with it.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning clarity on each shoots! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:
Gurin wrote:

I'll see you have a lot of good legacy already, so it won't give you a wow effect. Anyway, this lens is really good and sharp, especially stopped down.
It works perfectly on E-PL1. I come from E-P1(which I still have) and used a lot of contax/yashica glass with it.

It was sold in a package with a macro bellows witch was what I really wanted. But it was a good price and here in Sweden.
I am looking forward to small and good colours.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurin wrote:
asterinex wrote:
Gurin wrote:

It was sold in a package with a macro bellows witch was what I really wanted. But it was a good price and here in Sweden.
I am looking forward to small and good colours.

The lens is rather rare. I think you are lucky to have found one for a good price Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: The 45mm Eagle Eye lens! Reply with quote

The tiny ZEISS Tessar 2,8/45mm is a 67,5mm lens on FUJI X-pro1 or XE-1 cameras. The Tessar type 4/3 elements optical design is world wide the most copyied lens for various cameras. It should be working fine also on all FUJI X cameras. Very Happy
[/img]

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here two pics of this combo.

Interesting to know : if you align the green f8 with the green arrow, all between 2 and 10 meters is in focus !(see pics)
Nice for streetshooting:)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed a lovely lens. I hope to have mine out in the next couple of days, although I use it on an NEX.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera and pictures looks stunning. It's a little hint of pastel colors in your pictures, I like it Wink

This made me want to test out the x-e1. How do you like the Camera? Surprised

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want one of those. A friend of mine modified one to fit his A900 and now it sits on his A99.

Guess I'll settle for my Rokkor-x 45mm f/2.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this lens an East German lens?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parabellumfoto wrote:
Is this lens an East German lens?

I think all Contax/Yashica Zeiss lenses are made in West Germany or Japan.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pentax m 40mm is still thinner Razz

http://oldlenses.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/yummy-pancakes-carl-zeiss-tessar-45mm.html

The ziess looks a treat on the Fuji. They really really are attractive dam little cameras aren't they.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Camera and pictures looks stunning. It's a little hint of pastel colors in your pictures, I like it Wink

This made me want to test out the x-e1. How do you like the Camera? Surprised

Well I come from m43(Olympus PEN E-PL5).
The Fuji has superior image quality. Legacy lenses produce more (micro)contrast on the Fuji.
Colors on the E-PL5 look rather dull with legacy glass. Ofcourse this could be altered in post.
The Olympus has in body Image stabilisation and calculates automatic values better then the Fuji in my Opinion.
You have to think more wit the Fuji , especially in low light.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice combo ! The lens looks very interesting.

"You have to think more wit the Fuji , especially in low light." I totally agree on that, even coming from a Nex-5N. The Fuji colors are not a myth, the rendition is special and totally worth the slightly bigger effort and thinking involved in taking pictures with it with legacy lenses.
A bit of a warning also, some lenses will not perform at their best with the X-Trans sensor, especially some Rangefinder ones, and you will get smearing in corners. My Olympus Zuiko 38mm f/1.8 is nearly useless on the Fuji, only one third of the picture in the center area looks OK, it's sad because it was my favorite lens on the Nex, same problem with my Jupiter-3.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my copy yesterday and snapped a few pictures. Today the wife announced that it was hers…

It performs as expected. It is clearly a Carl Zeiss lens.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurin wrote:
I got my copy yesterday and snapped a few pictures. Today the wife announced that it was hers…

It performs as expected. It is clearly a Carl Zeiss lens.

Pictures please Very Happy