Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Chinon Multi-coated 1:2.8 135 mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Auto Chinon Multi-coated 1:2.8 135 mm Reply with quote

Auto Chinon Multi-coated 1:2.8 135 mm
Made in Japan
52 mm

Strong point:
Very high price/performance ratio
More sharpen then the Pentax 18-55 mm wide open
Good result if the subject isn't directly on the Sun
Light, small, standard PK mount, standard dimension of the lens (52 mm)
Good boken

Weaknesses:
the performance on subject directly illuminated by the Sun are quite poor because is multicoated isn't comparable with the Pentax Smc which is evident in less saturation and less color shoot.

Summary:
I'm happy with this lens despite the problem that i indicated above.
During next mounth I will tried other shoot for understand if the problem is more reduced in other months of the year because in summer the Sun is particullary strong while in the other months of the year is a lot less strong and perhaps the performance of this lens could even better.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Example of boken:

+2.30 stop + sharpen 60

135 f/2.8

+2.30 stop + sharpen

Pentax 18-55 mm

+1.45 stop + sharpen

These shoots was taken in two different days, the hours was slightly different, and clearly the aperture was different (as the focal length) so probably there aren't comparable but i think is quite evident the difference on term of the result when the subject is enlightened by the Sun.

In this particular case the performance of this lens is only average.

However I have only a Pentax so I don't known if using other camera (nikon, etc.) you could obtain the same color of the Pentax smc lens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CA don't seem a real problem.
Yes is a little present at 100 %:

but when the image is reduced it isn't visible at all without any intervent in postwork:

+1.70 stop + sharpen 60

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crop image taken at f/2.8.

Ufraw
+0.30 exp

Ufraw
-0.50 exp

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ufraw
+0.20 exp