Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar f2 58mm scratched front lens fast sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Takumar f2 58mm scratched front lens fast sale Reply with quote

for sale a "Sonnar" Takumar f2 58mm

it's front lens has many, I mean it, many small though not deep scratches, actually they are hardly to be seen but appear if inspected with a flashlight. Otherwise the optics are very clean, body is relatively clean too. Aperture works normally, focus ring is a bit on the loose side but works very well too

because of the scratches on the front lens I offer this rare lens for 250 Euro all in that is including shipping by EMS from Japan and paypal fees, also included generic front cap, no rear cap
important: this offer is only valid until Monday next week May 13th ( as I will leave Japan next day and then won't be able to send it for some months to come )

the lens:

against the setting sun Wink to show the scratches:

many scratches for real Smile
however I would rather believe that they won't have any noticeable impact on the optical performance of the lens
see some samples I took with it today:

see original file sizes of the photos of the lens and these and more samples of photos taken with it here: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/119815/album/316357?with=14984727

cheers,
Andreas

Last edited by kuuan on Tue May 07, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens! Here are some samples from mine: http://forum.mflenses.com/red-shawl-takumar-2-58mm-sonnar-type-sony-a850-t51992,highlight,+sonnar++takumar.html Maybe more pictures will help with the sale.

Someone here should take it. I haven't seen one on ebay for over a year now. Used to be at least 1 would show up periodically. Perhaps people are holding onto them. Certainly a good and rare opportunity.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you themoleman, your samples look really great!
the ones I took are to show that neither sharpness nor flare resistance look effected by the shallow scratches
I believe I don't have to advertize this lens all that much, those who don't 'know' will wonder why 250 Euro for this lens but should understand if they look at the samples, those who 'do know' will be tempted by, well, imo actually should jump at this bargain of around 220.- for this rare and truly unique lens Wink
The Takumar f2 58mm certainly is one of my most precious jewels, one of my very favorite lenses and I'll always keep one copy for myself. Here the set with my samples http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157624940446285/ ( first 6 seen were taken with this lens for sale )

cheers,
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possibly only members, after logging in, can see the photos at the iperity site I had linked to at full resolution ? if so, sorry for that.
This evening I took a few more photos with this lens and uploaded some to my flickr where they sure can be seen in original size. now the first 10 seen in the set of photos taken with a Takumar f2/58 are taken with this lens for sale: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157624940446285/

three from today:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great colors

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
great colors

yes, great colors as pretty much any early Takumar, amazing colors the Auto Takumar f2/55 Wink

one of my 'test shots' taken with the f2/58 for sale here currently has 600+ views, is #82 on flickr's explore Smile
this one:

amazing nobody yet bites...these scratches hardly can be made out if holding the lens against a ceiling light, appear with flashlight lighting trough, the optical performance is flawless. A cleaner copy, if you find one, well, I'd have one for you, would set you back 320 Euro + shipping

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: price down 225 Euro / 295 USD Reply with quote

price down to 225 Euro / 295 USD including shipping by EMS from Japan!!
( this offer is valid until Monday May 13th only! )

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rare one
nice bokeh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sent pm