Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar M42 105/2.8 stuck aperture ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Takumar M42 105/2.8 stuck aperture ring Reply with quote

Hello,

I bought a used SMC Takumar 105/2.8 M42 lens, but the aperture ring is very stiff. Especially going to 2.8 is very hard.

Does anyone know how to repair this?

I tried to remove the front name plate, but it seems very stuck. Does anyone know what to use to get it off (bar drilling 2 holes for a lens spanner grip)? Thanks for any pointers!

Daniel

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually i wrap an m42 rear cap in a rubber glove and apply pressure and twist.
For some lenses it took me many tries over some days, but in the end all came off, even ones with slight dents in the filter ring.
Some drops of wd40 could help, but I never use it.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply! My problem is that it didn't come with any caps at all... so I see what I need to buy now Smile

And just to be sure, you twist left (anti-clockwise), correct?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link shows how to dismantle the Takumar 50/1.4, I should think the 105/2.8 is similar.
http://retinarescue.com/pentax50mmf1.4.html

You could also search on the Camera Repair Forum
http://www.kyphoto.com/cgi-bin/forum/discus.cgi

Yes, anticlockwise to unscrew the ring.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tips everyone, thank you!

I have managed to get it off tonight with brute force and some acetone (nail polish remover).

Need some time this week-end to open this one and see what's wrong with that aperture ring!