Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is this lens - Rodenstock Heligon 100mm f1.5?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: What is this lens - Rodenstock Heligon 100mm f1.5? Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from old Xray machines

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only for macro "dreamy style"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, I've got a Rodenstock 100/1.6, which is a photographic lens (no focusing helicoid and no diaphragm in it though). Handheld on a 5D, it can focus as far as 4m before hitting the mirror, so it's perfectly good for portraits. From what I've seen, it's pretty sharp at least in the middle of the frame, and has very even background blur. No PF and no visible CA I could notice. I am still looking for a donor lens to use as a focusing helicoid; must be quite wide to put this Rodenstock inside, like a medium-format 80mm lens with dead optics.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Interestingly, I've got a Rodenstock 100/1.6, which is a photographic lens (no focusing helicoid and no diaphragm in it though). Handheld on a 5D, it can focus as far as 4m before hitting the mirror, so it's perfectly good for portraits. From what I've seen, it's pretty sharp at least in the middle of the frame, and has very even background blur. No PF and no visible CA I could notice. I am still looking for a donor lens to use as a focusing helicoid; must be quite wide to put this Rodenstock inside, like a medium-format 80mm lens with dead optics.

did you succeed to mount it??