Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Weight of Contarex 85 f/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Weight of Contarex 85 f/2 Reply with quote

Hello, new member here. I just want to know the weight (approximate or precise) of the Contarex 85 / 2 lens. Thank you very much for your help!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Not many people have it, actually I know zero here on forum, so if you not get reply , not due ignorance.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory it's around 550 grams. Googling may provide more info but it isn't either over large or excessively heavy. Last time I handled one was thirty-something years ago but I'm sure it was lighter than the contemporary 90mm Summicron which was about 650 grams.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: weight Reply with quote

according to a contarex book, the 85 weighs 600 gr., according to the yashica\zeiss\contax sales material the later 85 tipped the scales at 595.

p.