Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bolex with Pizar 25/1.5 and Elgeet 13mm - mounting question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Bolex with Pizar 25/1.5 and Elgeet 13mm - mounting question Reply with quote

Hi, I bought this Bolex on a business trip to use the fast Pizar on my G1 Micro 4/3. But when I tried to screw it in, the base of the rear hits the internal sensor frame, making it not focus at infinity. Most of the Pizars I have seen on Ebay don't have any metal beyond the threads, but mine does. The Elgeet mounts fine on the G1. Anyone ever deal with this? It seems to be a great lens, and does cover the sensor on close shots.
Very nice condition camera and lenses, but I guess I'll sell it to someone who wants to mess with trimming the rear.

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you take a photo of the rear showing the problem? Mine works fine, the rear doesn't extend beyond the screw thread.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I see most do not. But mine does. I'll sell it to whoever wants to grind it down.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some c-mounts had a longer thread barrel. I can cleanly machine the height of the thread barrel quite affordably, with no risk of damage to the lens itself, for you or for whoever ends up purchasing the lens. I can also remedy any other issues the lens might have.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem to one of my C-mounts. I used a metal saw to cut it, but it was dificult and the end result wasn´t the best either so I would recommend to machine it to get a clean result Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks. I've decided my Pen-F 25mm F4 is perfect for me, so I'm not going to bother cutting this Pizar lens to make it work.