Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Auto 4/200 MC pics with FF
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Pentacon Auto 4/200 MC pics with FF Reply with quote

Gens,

Reading and replying for Ferrick's Meyer-Optik Goerlitz Orestegor thread today made me clean the dust of my Penacon 200mm and get out to make some exercises of bokeh-building Very Happy
What i found was a moment (a thin slice of time of the day) exactly when i left home with a light perfect for the task.

1)

PRF2013-3160 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

2)

PRF2013-3169 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

3)

PRF2013-3171 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

4)

PRF2013-3173 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

Hope you like it as i do,

Cheers,

Renato


PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Pentacon Auto 4/200 MC pics with FF Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
Gens,

Reading and replying for Ferrick's Meyer-Optik Goerlitz Orestegor thread today made me clean the dust of my Penacon 200mm and get out to make some exercises of bokeh-building Very Happy
What i found was a moment (a thin slice of time of the day) exactly when i left home with a light perfect for the task.

Hope you like it as i do,

Cheers,

Renato


Nice bokeh and very nice shots! I wish I can use the light as good as you do! I am now convinced that the Orestegor ad Pentacon 200/4 are of the same optical formula. Very Happy Very Happy


PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful images Renato.
Is this lens the latest version with multi coating?
Any chance you could post a picture of the lens itself.
Many thanks
OH


PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful colors and bokeh


PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ferrick, Oldhand and Nurkov for your gently words, as soon as I can I'll photograph the lens and post the photo at this thread,

Best regards,

Renato


PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots.

I have the older non-auto Pentacon version. It will be interesting to compare all the variations from the Meyer through the later Pentacon versions.


PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Beautiful images Renato.
Is this lens the latest version with multi coating?
Any chance you could post a picture of the lens itself.
Many thanks
OH



Oldhand,

The lens is this one:

Showing the nice built-in hood - fully extended:


Fully retracted




Only six blades at the diaphragma - but i can live with it



Renato


PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Beautiful images Renato.
Is this lens the latest version with multi coating?
Any chance you could post a picture of the lens itself.
Many thanks
OH



Oldhand,

The lens is this one:

Showing the nice built-in hood - fully extended:


Fully retracted




Only six blades at the diaphragma - but i can live with it



Renato


Many thanks Renato.
I appreciate the time it took to take these images.
It is a lovely lens that takes beautiful images.
Six bladed diaphragms have been taking splendid pictures for many years.
OH


PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This image is for Renato.
Taken with Pentacon auto 200/4.
1/500s @ f8 on Pentax K10
First grevillia of the season as the days here begin to warm again.
OH



PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH,

Thank you, that's a nice pic. It seems you have a good copy of this lens too.
Glad to know warmth is arriving at your country, here we have now rain, and cold. ugh!

Cheers,

Renato


PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful images , nice to see 'orphan' lens in great action ! Congrats!


PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I used my Pentacon 4/200 Auto MC today. Two pics for here to share:

Isar river

Electric tower with a little sun worshopper on the top

According to Marco Kroeger the optical design of the Pentacon 4/200 Auto was in 1979 the last really new design of ex Meyer Optics in Goerlitz with only very little CAs. This I wanted to proove with my shots and it seems right.
It may have been produced in Romania. So even in German Democratic Republic they've had an outsourcing.


PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Pentacon Auto 4/200 MC pics with FF Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:


I am now convinced that the Orestegor ad Pentacon 200/4 are of the same optical formula. Very Happy Very Happy


I'd imagine they are since Meyer was effectively THE lens producer for Pentacon. (there's a Pentacon guide to lenses and optics published at the time of the merger and it stresses Meyer was the lens producer as such).

Ive got a Meyer 200/4 and an early Pentacon 200/4 and they're virtually identical aside from some exterior differences. I think the 2nd gen Pentacon version was probably when it switched to a six blade aperture though.

The best thing about the first gen Pentacon models is that you're effectively getting Meyer design/build for less cost simply because of the name change..

Check the first gen Pentacon 50/1.8, 135/2.8, 29/2.8 and 30/3.5 and you'll see what I mean. 😁


PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

according to the threads title "Pentacon Auto 4/200 MC pics with FF" and the optical formula respectively design I only wanted to indicate, that the Pentacon 4/200's optical formula is different from the Pentacon Auto 4/200 MC's optical formula.

Remaining part of my post deleted due to offtopic nonsense!-)


PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon MC Auto 200mm f4 with 6 bladed aperture on full frame Pentax K-1