Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 23A, 60-300mm shooting the moon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Tamron 23A, 60-300mm shooting the moon Reply with quote

I always knew I would find a use for this thing. 60-300mm adaptall lens with a 2xTC! Effective focal length 900mm!!! Shot on a tripod!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an impressive lens, and hasn't the moon been spectacular over the last couple of days.
The lens also has a close focus ability which is not too shabby either.

There is one for sale in the lenses section of the Marketplace.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
It is an impressive lens, and hasn't the moon been spectacular over the last couple of days.

Cheers
OH

My son saw the "werewolf" moon and mentioned it to me and I grabbed my camera/tripod and went outside (subsequently got screamed at by the wife).

Not sure about close focus. I think closest I can focus is like 2 meters. It has a MACRO mode but is on the 60mm end. I would have rather it let me focus closer on the 300mm side. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjs wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

Cheers
OH

My son saw the "werewolf" moon and mentioned it to me and I grabbed my camera/tripod and went outside (subsequently got screamed at by the wife).

Not sure about close focus. I think closest I can focus is like 2 meters. It has a MACRO mode but is on the 60mm end. I would have rather it let me focus closer on the 300mm side. Smile

Well I have called the macro mode "close focus".
It will focus to about 11.8 inches from the film plane at 60mm. This is about 1-1/2 inches from the front of the lens.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: 60-300mm zoom Lens Reply with quote

I have the same optical design as an SOLIGOR MC Macro 60-300mm with C/Y mount for many many years, using it now with adapter on my Canon 5DII. Its an very good zoom lens, precisely made, out of stable aluminum metal.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 60-300mm zoom Lens Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:
I have the same optical design as an SOLIGOR MC Macro 60-300mm with C/Y mount for many many years, using it now with adapter on my Canon 5DII. Its an very good zoom lens, precisely made, out of stable aluminum metal.

Mine has a little bit of zoom creep and it is some what un-ruley to handle (it weights almost a KG). How is your SOLIGOR?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 60-300mm zoom Lens Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:

Do you have a picture of the lens? I wasn't aware that Tamron SP lenses were ever re-branded. Thanks.