Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Underrrated SIGMA 100-200 f/4.5 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Underrrated SIGMA 100-200 f/4.5 M42 Reply with quote

I got this lens quite cheap on a flea market. I don't use to buy old SIGMA lenses, I've got not very good experiences with them, but this one looked mint, and it had no fungus nor dust inside, so I got it.

Tested on the GXR. The focal lens on it is equivalent to a FF 150-300mm lens, that could be nice for nature shooting. It also sports a "macro" mode of 1:4.5, and the f/4.5 is continuous in all the focal range.

This is how it does look on the Ricoh GXR:

Today we have a dull, gray day here. Typical springtime rains. Anyway tests give good colour and resolution. Contrast has to be pushed a little: (all shots through the window glass)

A) 100mm f/4.5:

a 100% crop of the above:

B) 200mm f/4.5:

a 100% crop:

Close focus (no macro):

a 100% crop:

It would have to be tested on real nature situations, when the weather improves a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get some better weather soon for a proper test, I'm interested to see more from the GXR.

100-200 zoom has the potential to be good, it's only a 2x ratio and 2x zooms are generally not bad, there are several 70-150s that are good, for instance.

Looking forward to Sigma in the sunshine. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Hope you get some better weather soon for a proper test, I'm interested to see more from the GXR.

100-200 zoom has the potential to be good, it's only a 2x ratio and 2x zooms are generally not bad, there are several 70-150s that are good, for instance.

Looking forward to Sigma in the sunshine. Smile

Thanks for your comment, Ian.
Weather forecast is not good: until the 7th of May we won't see the sun again. We're in the middle of the spring showers...
That's good for the field, and good to improve the water reserve for the summer...
But I'll be trying it anyway. In between the clouds the sun should shine some time. Smile