Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

no name brass lens approx 240mm (Baynton field camera?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: no name brass lens approx 240mm (Baynton field camera?) Reply with quote

Got this camera off the bay and have tentatively ID'd it as a Baynton. The camera is incomplete but the lens was in excellent condition. Its a doublet as near as I can tell. The diaphragm goes from F8 to F64. I was able to unscrew the elements from the barrell and clean all surfaces. The diaphragm started a little stiff but working it while pouring through rubbing alcohol loosened it up enough for convenience. Mounted on the A7ii via a a hole drilled in an EOS body cap and EOS bellows AND EOS macro tubes. MFD ended up about 15 feet. Its really old and simple lens with no coatings and under the right circumstances gives decent images. Contrast is poor and aberrations abound.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the water Lily.. Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is a striking flower and very photogenic (as you can tell from my avatar). Thanks!