Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FUJI Photo Fujinon 1.6/55mm M42 bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: FUJI Photo Fujinon 1.6/55mm M42 bokeh Reply with quote

I find Fujinon 1.6/55mm M42 quite soft wide-open. But out of focus area is really special. Might be due to very strong front element curvature. Quick samples on Nex:

Model in the middle:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very creamy. Has good definition but the soft look is very attractive. Would be interesting to include some background highlights to see how it behaves.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it compare to the X-Fujinon 55mm f/1.6? I've been assuming they are the same lens with different exterior, but in your photo the X-Fujinon appears larger (maybe an optical illusion).

But, as for the M42 version, I agree that the bokeh is… interesting:

Not exactly smooth or calm in any way, but gives quite a unique effect combined with the wide open glow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
How does it compare to the X-Fujinon 55mm f/1.6? I've been assuming they are the same lens with different exterior, but in your photo the X-Fujinon appears larger (maybe an optical illusion).

But, as for the M42 version, I agree that the bokeh is… interesting:
Not exactly smooth or calm in any way, but gives quite a unique effect combined with the wide open glow.

True, it is bigger. Here from the side: 1.6/50mm in the middle and both 55mm on edges. Do you know X-Fujinon 55mm design perhaps?

Bokeh is quite smooth compared to F1.7 lenses for instance. My background was distracting. I'll make more test shots outside, now when trees are blossoming.
Sadly i don't own X-Fujinon / NEX adapter to compare all three.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the 1.6/50 and 1.6/55 X-Fujinons. The 55 is a good lens, the 50 isn't, imho. On my NEX-3 it was by far the worst 50mm I have tried, had awful CA until closed to f4, it was so bad I wondered if I had a faulty copy, resolution until f4 was lower than even a Domiplan.

Personally, I don't like this bokeh, I think it's the glowing edges to oof shapes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I had the 1.6/50 and 1.6/55 X-Fujinons. The 55 is a good lens, the 50 isn't, imho. On my NEX-3 it was by far the worst 50mm I have tried, had awful CA until closed to f4, it was so bad I wondered if I had a faulty copy.

Definitely bad copy