Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorki with strange looking Industar 22
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Zorki with strange looking Industar 22 Reply with quote

Whille browsing the local auction site i saw this Zorki

http://auction.bg/item.php?id=1281422

The Lens is Industar -22 but not the collapsible version and doesn't look like the regular L39 Industars.
Is it a rare combination?

Any info is appreciated Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Info on sovietcams ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd: why has middle section oxidized
differently from other sections?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like this one, perhaps not actually made for the Fed/Zorki

link to page I found this:
http://fedka.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=214

EDIT: Here it is with info: http://www.ussrphoto.com/wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=25&ParentID=2&ContentID=322

also found here with a well dodgy description

twinquartz wrote:
Odd: why has middle section oxidized
differently from other sections?

Made of 2 metals, polished aluminium and matt chrome.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very limited edition Industar-22 with a no longer collapsible body design. These are pretty hard`ish to find. As far as I know these lenses were originally put on several models of the Zorki camera line, such as Zorki-1 , C and 2C. Apart from a different body, this lens is completely the same as collapsible versions.

As for the middle section. This is a very specific layer of coating that was put on quite a lot of Russian lenses that had aluminum bodies ( both RF and SLR lenses ). This coating would prevent the lens from getting scratched and most of all it would prevent the aluminum from oxidizing. This is a very useful coating which helped preserve many lenses in their original condition up until today. I do not know from what this coating was made nor weather it was a some sort of "extra" back in the day, but if I see a lens with it I`m almost certain it will be in great shape.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
The industar 22 is pretty nice lens and in this finish looks kind of nice.
I think i will take it Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Thanks guys.
The industar 22 is pretty nice lens and in this finish looks kind of nice.
I think i will take it Smile

If the price is right - go ahead. These usually go for more than typical I-22 and has a greater collector value. I myself would love to find one for the right price. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not very expensive currently around 35 Eur and i think it will finish at this price.

For a little bit more i can get the collapsible version, but this would be more useful. I remember i was always worried if the lens will collapse by itself damaging the shutter of my Pen when i had a similar one Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this one, it's a good performer and it's made for SLR, not rangefinder Wink

Or maybe it's two versions?!?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
It's not very expensive currently around 35 Eur and i think it will finish at this price.

For a little bit more i can get the collapsible version, but this would be more useful. I remember i was always worried if the lens will collapse by itself damaging the shutter of my Pen when i had a similar one Smile

Strange worry. A rubber band around the barrel is all that is needed to prevent collapsing lenses from ruining your sensor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I have this one, it's a good performer and it's made for SLR, not rangefinder Wink

You are very wrong here. The Industar-22 that is shown on the Zorki camera in the first reply is a whole different lens compared to the one on the Zenit camera. Industar-22`s same as Industar-50`s were made for both SLR`s and RF`s and had various variations between the start and the end of their production. The one which is discussed in this topic is a rare (uncommon ) variation of the RF version of the Industar-22 lens.It was made in ~ 1950-1953 and had a few different variations that had specific body parts etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

You are very wrong here. The Industar-22 that is shown on the Zorki camera in the first reply is a whole different lens compared to the one on the Zenit camera. Industar-22`s same as Industar-50`s were made for both SLR`s and RF`s and had various variations between the start and the end of their production. The one which is discussed in this topic is a rare (uncommon ) variation of the RF version of the Industar-22 lens.It was made in ~ 1950-1953 and had a few different variations that had specific body parts etc.

Yes, true Very Happy Now I want the rangefinder type as well Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I bought one to test Wink

This guy had 5, got two left Very Happy
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Zorki body on first sight it's quite compact and lightweight - at least smaller than my Contax I.
Everything looks mint but unfortunately 60 years have passed since it was made and with the age the grease in the camera got hardened. The rangefinder is not moving by itself and also the shutter curtains are very slow even on high speeds. The lens on the other hand looks really nice.
I have to order again an L39 adapter Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zorki model 1 ( I`m assuming youve got that one) is a wonderful camera. I happen to have 7 in my collection and they all work great. I`ve bought them from fleemarkets or people ho had them sitting arround for 40 years, however all of them still work nicely. I did have to CLA the lenses, however cameras are ready to shoot. I love the way the zorki feels and operates. A true bargain leica if you ask me Very Happy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that it's quite common to have grease hardened in shutter mechanisms of old Zorkis and it should not be very difficult to clean it.
I think the body deserves to be cleaned properly - it just look so nice Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, it`s quite easy. i suggest using lighter fluid. It will help to move the old grease loose.