Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Soligor Lenses Reply with quote

I have a few questions about these two lenses I acquired at auction and what type they are/their value.

The markings on the larger one read: 1 1/2" f : 1.9 Telephoto No.S35616

The Smaller one: 6.5mm f / 1.9 Wide Angle

puu.sh/2wykX

Edit: Apparently pictures/links won't post?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor Lenses Reply with quote

loltron wrote:
I have a few questions about these two lenses I acquired at auction and what type they are/their value.

puu.sh/2wykX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor Lenses Reply with quote

loltron wrote:

puu.sh/2wykX

Your first post won't allow you to upload photos, if you reply to my post they will show.

Looking at the descriptions they are cine lenses, d-mount I bet, for a standard 8 camera. Value not terribly high but they can be adapted to the Pentax Q camera. I estimate about £10 - £15 each. The Bolex brands - ie Kern and Angenieux tend to go for higher prices.

EDIT: Ah, here they are... Soligor Elitar lenses. Nice set.

http://puu.sh/2wykX

this link won't show the photo, you must upload it directly to the forum like this:

what a bugger of an image it wouldn't show on the forum, I had to open it in Photoshop and re-save it to work.

Nice set, not worth a great deal, I hope you didn't spent too much

[/url]

Last edited by philslizzy on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor Lenses Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
loltron wrote:

puu.sh/2wykX

Your first post won't allow you to upload photos, if you reply to my post they will show.

Looking at the descriptions they are cine lenses, d-mount I bet, for a standard 8 camera. Value not terribly high but they can be adapted to the Pentax Q camera. I estimate about £10 - £15 each. The Bolex brands - ie Kern and Angenieux tend to go for higher prices.

EDIT: Ah, here they are...

http://puu.sh/2wykX

this link won't show the photo, you must upload it directly to the forum like this:

what a bugger of an image it wouldn't show on the forum, I had to open it in Photoshop and re-save it to work.

Nice set, not worth a great deal, I hope you didn't spent too much

[/url]

Still impossible to find two lenses like those on ebay or anywhere even with the info you gave me. Didn't realize how many lenses for cameras there really are. I think I spent about 30 USD on them. Thanks for all the info though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok not too bad a price. If you want to see more on ebay look for 'd-mount cine lens' there are lots there and the adapters for Pentax Q cameras. The buy it now prices are a little optimistic and the start prices in the auctions are high. If yours were to start at 99p / 99c you'd probably get what you paid for them.

Many cine cameras in the 30's to the 60's had screw off lenses. You could buy extra ones - mostly 9mm and 36mm 9mm was wide(ish) on 8mm film and the 36mm lens had about 4x magnification over the 9mm. The standard lens supplied would be about 11-13mm. Half an inch. Most cameras of that period had markings in the viewfinder showing the angle of view of the 36mm. Soligor was one of many brands available. Soligor was a brand name of Allied Impex the distributor, any one of many American, British or German companies may have made these lenses.

Generally the quality of these lenses was very high as they were designed to put a picture on a frame of film only 4.8mm x 3.5mm and projected many feet across.