Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help me Adapt these lenses.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 2:06 pm    Post subject: Help me Adapt these lenses. Reply with quote

first of all I didn't know where to post this, if it's not appropriate here, admins please move it to the appropriate forum.
recently I add 2 new old lenses to my collection, usually I only collect m42 lenses but they were so cheap I couldn't not buy them.

they are:
Porst 28mm f2,8
UV Topcor 35mm f3.5
I want to adapt them to a m42 mount (or replace the original mount with an m42 thread) because I already have a m42-NEX speedbooster and I can't go back to the dreadful aps-c crop factor.
apparently the porst have an X-M mount which is similar to the fujica X mount, and the flange distance appears to be smaller than m42 and that would be a problem.
but the UV one has a 3d model to convert it to m42 and I just want to ask if someone has tried it and does it really work?
here's the model: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4814443

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porst did market rebadged Fujica SLRs so it's possible this is a lens for those … a sight of the mount would make it easier. If it is for Fujuca AX mount then adapting it for M42 will be difficult if not impossible … the AX mount had a shorter back-focus than M42.
As for the Topcon UV lens … probably another non-starter, they were for budget leaf-shutter cameras. Some adaptors have been made by enthusiasts, but the consensus seems to be that it's probably not worth the effort unless you have a collection of them.
Good luck Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you're in luck...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115389506857

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
Porst did market rebadged Fujica SLRs so it's possible this is a lens for those … a sight of the mount would make it easier. If it is for Fujuca AX mount then adapting it for M42 will be difficult if not impossible … the AX mount had a shorter back-focus than M42.
As for the Topcon UV lens … probably another non-starter, they were for budget leaf-shutter cameras. Some adaptors have been made by enthusiasts, but the consensus seems to be that it's probably not worth the effort unless you have a collection of them.
Good luck Smile

Shorter back focus could be fixed with a thin helicoid to Sony ,isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Wow, you're in luck...

that looks great! I'll definitely order one of those, although it would cost me more than 10× the price of the lens lol

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
kypfer wrote:
Good luck Smile

Shorter back focus could be fixed with a thin helicoid to Sony ,isn't it?

I'm not worried about shorter focus because my speedbooster already focuses way beyond infinity (it's a non brand speedbooster from china)
I actually returnd to the guy and bought another Porst lens, it's a Porst Reflex 50mm f1.9
I'm thinkning about modeling a mount thread myself to 3d print and I'll take away 2mm from the mount base to make the flange almost identical to m42, I'll post the model here so if anyone in the future wanted to do the same thing.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tariq0101 wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
Wow, you're in luck...

that looks great! I'll definitely order one of those, although it would cost me more than 10× the price of the lens lol

True it's 10x the price of the lens, but will be 10x less frustrating than making your own adapter, at least that's how I look at things like this.