Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6 3/8" Focus Wollensak F4.5 Enlarging Velostigmat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: 6 3/8" Focus Wollensak F4.5 Enlarging Velostigmat Reply with quote

I lashed this old lens to a 135mm M42 lens barrel using gaffing tape. The barrel mounts on a Pentax Bellows II, which in turn goes via a M42/EOS adapter to a tilt EOS/Nex adapter, and finally to a NEX C3. Alternately I can go directly from bellows via the appropriate adapter to a NEX or Pentax camera.

6 3/8" Focus Wollensak F4.5 Enlarging Velostigmat by Nesster, on Flickr

A self portrait of the lens. I didn't use a tripod though I should have, but pig headed that I am I was determined to do this hand held Very Happy
It is a 4 element Tessar type lens.

Tremendous Fun with Nex by Nesster, on Flickr

Some results

[ur[le by Nesster, on Flickr

It is good to make outside by Nesster, on Flickr

A bit more abstract

Untitled by Nesster, on Flickr

An advantage of this set up is that I can swap lenses simply by taping a different one at the far end... for smaller ones I use a bit of window insulating tape to press fit the lens inside the tube; this 6 3/8" is about the biggest one I can mount like this. I have some plastic pumbing that should be able to accommodate an even larger lens.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Kodak Anastigmat 6 3/8" f/4.5 4x5 Reply with quote

I also had a Kodak Anastigmat 6 3/8" f/4.5 4x5 mounted the same way; though inadvertently I taped over the aperture movement, so it was fixed at a bit smaller than f/5.6

Kodak Anastigmat 6 3/8" f/4.5 4x5 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several versions of this, some in barrel and a couple in shutter (Betax and Synchromatic).
Its a nice Tessar like most of the Wollensaks.
I think at the time there was no great difference between taking lenses and enlarging lenses.

My solution for mounting these is an M42 (or whatever your bellows is) T-mount with the inner ring removed, and longer set-screws screws fitted. If you have a jam nut/mounting ring for it, screw it in part way to give the T-mount screws something to bear on.
Stick the back in the T-mount and tighten the three screws, and there you have a rather firm mount.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I think I'll try that!