Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Church interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Church interior Reply with quote

7D and Samyang 8/3.5
Eleven exposures courtesy of Magic Lantern, edited in Lightroom, Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 and Topaz software.

Church in Strathpeffer by Gaz Sutherland, on Flickr

I failed regarding the windows top left, must try harder. Razz
Tried to keep this kinda natural, 1-stop increments help that and also keep the noise relatively low.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of editing Wink but result is outstanding

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite subjects . A vey well done HDR , balanced and without those horrid artificial hdr look.
Lots of detail .The lens is not a classical architecture one , rather a "special effects" one . You made a good use of it . Congratulations ,well done , Gary !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one, doesn't look HDR at all

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result, very professional, soon the pope himself will call you to make some photos at Rome!

Very Happy

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hat off!! WOW!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

decent HDR it is good

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. I wouldl not have realised it is HDR produced if you didn't mention so.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind replies everyone Embarassed
It's encouraging to see that several people didn't think it looks like an HDR composite. There's an HDR method called 'enfuse' which produces much cleaner looking results, I tried to create the same look while using regular HDR pp.

This church was very dark, in fact I couldn't see any detail in the ceiling at all. All the exposures were shot at ISO 800, which on a 7D is as far as I'd want to push it. So I'm very pleased with how low the visible noise was when I created this in Nik's HDR Efex Pro 2. I also used Nik's Define to clean up this small amount of noise, then tweaked a bit in Topaz Detail.

The preset I used in HDR Efex Pro was one of my own, I find the built-in ones a little too much for most cases.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With most cases I don't like HDR pics, but this is exellent! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemmo wrote:
With most cases I don't like HDR pics, but this is exellent! Congratulations!

Thank you very much.