Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron adapt a matic 105mm f/2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject: Tamron adapt a matic 105mm f/2.5 Reply with quote

Feels pretty heavy, looks like old Nikon 105mm f/2.5. My copy seems in mint condition with even a Tamron 1A filter (thin profile for today's standard). Just snapped a few pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice,the old Adaptamatics appear to be good lenses, the 28 and 200 that I have both give excellent results.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old adaptamatic lenses

Have you any image of those lenses?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is mine - I have a couple of pictures of the lens there.
Good job finding one, they are rather rare.

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-adaptamatic-105-2-5-rare-lens-t20694,highlight,%2Badaptamatic.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only got the adaptall 105mm CT105. Good lens, like all the adaptamatic/adaptall 135's are good lenses, I could say of the same family - similar optically and IQ. I should do a bit of a compare with viv (tokina) 100mm (not a macro, the t-mount), pentacon 100mm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Very nice,the old Adaptamatics appear to be good lenses, the 28 and 200 that I have both give excellent results.

Thanks. There seems a 35mm f/2.8 as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
The old adaptamatic lenses

Have you any image of those lenses?

Comparing with Nikkor P 105mm f/2.5. Tamron has 8 aperture blades while Nikon has 6. This Tamron seems one of the largest 105mm lenses.

Last edited by vivaldibow on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
This is mine - I have a couple of pictures of the lens there.
Good job finding one, they are rather rare.

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-adaptamatic-105-2-5-rare-lens-t20694,highlight,%2Badaptamatic.html

Wow, anything we have that you don't have. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
I've only got the adaptall 105mm CT105. Good lens, like all the adaptamatic/adaptall 135's are good lenses, I could say of the same family - similar optically and IQ. I should do a bit of a compare with viv (tokina) 100mm (not a macro, the t-mount), pentacon 100mm.

The adaptall 105mm is said to be pretty good as well. Actually probably all 105mm's are.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron adapt a matic 105mm f/2.5 Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Feels pretty heavy, looks like old Nikon 105mm f/2.5. My copy seems in mint condition with even a Tamron 1A filter (thin profile for today's standard).

Your post caught me up short. I have too many lenses and could not recall whether or not I had this 105. Checked lists and, sure enough, I do own a copy.

That Tamron 1A filter was part of "as sold" kit with all the Adapt-A-Matics. Tamron placed importance on that particular filter. You have a very complete, original lens there. The Adapt-A-Matic primes are special, though locating original Tamron adapters today can be challenging. For a number of years, in the past, I was buying duplicate Adapt-A-Matic lenses solely to obtain original adapters I needed. Workarounds exist. But I have a preference for the "real deal" original Tamron Adapt-A-Matic adapters. Also unlike with the Tamron Adaptall lens adapters, Adapt-A-Matic adapters are not sold by the Chinese.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started this thread on diy'ing something.

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-adaptamatic-pentax-pk-mount-t68730.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron adapt a matic 105mm f/2.5 Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Feels pretty heavy, looks like old Nikon 105mm f/2.5. My copy seems in mint condition with even a Tamron 1A filter (thin profile for today's standard).

Your post caught me up short. I have too many lenses and could not recall whether or not I had this 105. Checked lists and, sure enough, I do own a copy.

That Tamron 1A filter was part of "as sold" kit with all the Adapt-A-Matics. Tamron placed importance on that particular filter. You have a very complete, original lens there. The Adapt-A-Matic primes are special, though locating original Tamron adapters today can be challenging. For a number of years, in the past, I was buying duplicate Adapt-A-Matic lenses solely to obtain original adapters I needed. Workarounds exist. But I have a preference for the "real deal" original Tamron Adapt-A-Matic adapters. Also unlike with the Tamron Adaptall lens adapters, Adapt-A-Matic adapters are not sold by the Chinese.

Thanks for the bit of history. I am probably even luckier to have the original red box and the "leather" case for the lens. Although the front and rear caps are both original, it surprises me that the front the cap is just a cheap push on cap with Tamron logo on it and the rear cap for M42 mount is also a cheap push on cap, which easily falls off. Not to complain here, but usually rebranded lenses tend to have more caps like that, brand names usually have higher quality caps.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
I started this thread on diy'ing something.

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-adaptamatic-pentax-pk-mount-t68730.html

Nice work. Will learn from it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron adapt a matic 105mm f/2.5 Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

it surprises me that the front the cap is just a cheap push on cap with Tamron logo on it

Understood and agreed.

Nevertheless, as you stated, that is the original lens cap. Why such an unimpressive cap for a really nice lens . . . I just dunno. Also time's passage, and we are looking at circa fifty years, has not been kind to those relatively soft plastic caps. I never encountered one when they were brand new. But perhaps they were tighter, brighter, and generally more pleasing "back in the day".