Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2 with examples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
nurkov wrote:
and what are the differences between all of them? I have got Helios 44M 58mm F2.0

The differences are in the resolution and the coating. In each version, usually improved, they marked these improvements through the last number, that it is separated by a dash. I have no knowledge that any changes in the optical formula.

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Helios-44

Happy shots!

I also have a Zenitar M2S which is the MC replacement of the Helios-44. The lens is sharp, more flare resistant but doesn't have character like my Helios.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjs wrote:

I will try under those conditions. Also I wonder if a full frame would be better than APS-C to produce the swirling bokeh. My images are shot on Canon 550D.

Full frame is definitely better, it mostly happens on the edges. But you can still get it on APS-C bodies, my shot was from a Canon 1000D.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not noticed much of a swirly bokeh on my 44/2 , but it does produce it ,its there, all depends on a background I think. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on - Aperture, background, DoF. Defocused background can be as wild....

Or, as smooth as ye like...

PS The last three photos were taken with the same 44-2 (almost) as drjs - s/n Noo56xxx Cool