Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[Problem] Meyer-Optic Gorlitz Orestegor 4/200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: [Problem] Meyer-Optic Gorlitz Orestegor 4/200 Reply with quote

I just bought myself one beauty of the lens Orestegor 200mm F4, it is one fine looking lens but comes with the problem

As you can see from examples below pictures you get are very fuzzy, behind mist like. There is no way to focus the lens properly. All examples taken from tripod. Lens looks to be in very good condition mechanically works great. Aperture and focus rings are smooth. There is a bit of dust inside but i do not think that should be the problem. Is there anything that can be done to rectify it? Please help. Anybody have seen this before?

1 F4

2. F5.6

3. F8

4. F11

5. F16

6. F22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks terrible dusty, I don't have other clue light throw it with led torch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this before.... do what Attila mentioned first: shine a torch in it and look for haze, fungus or dust.

If it is clean: if i remember well i nmy case there was an element placed wrong, which caused this haze effect. But i do not recall which it was, maybe it wasn't even a Meyer... but it could help you in the right direction!

Good luck with it anyways!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is fair amount of dust but nothing shocking, I cannot see any fungus. Hmm weird can dust itself cause that? I could open it up and clean it but I think I will try to get refund Sad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check carefully if the lens had been open or not. I think one of the elements is reversed. It happened to me several times, when buying used lenses off eBay, and once even from KEH.COM. Previous owner tried to clean it before selling and reassembled it incorrectly, and after that did not check the lens performance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contacted the seller and will return it tomorrow