Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux TV lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Angenieux TV lens? Reply with quote

I've only got an Ixus 870 for testing Laughing Maybe of use for low light shots.....18-180mm 1: 2.2 and very heavy.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a chunk of glas,
what's the weight of this monster? Do you have some examples?
Cheers,
Timo

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be from the 1950s I think, French equivalent of the TTH Ortals. Probably intended for a 1-inch plumbicon/vidicon type tube camera so the image circle might only be big enough for a M4/3 sensor. Resolution might not be very high either as TV was only 400 lines resolution then.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, this looks like an uncle of Photosniper Tair-3, even if it resolves only 400 lines, it's good for self-defense for sure.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those for a while
7 kg in glass. nice lens btw.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Räbenfluch wrote:
Wow, what a chunk of glas,
what's the weight of this monster? Do you have some examples?
Cheers,
Timo

Hi Timo

The weight is 20lbs = just under 10kg

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
It will be from the 1950s I think, French equivalent of the TTH Ortals. Probably intended for a 1-inch plumbicon/vidicon type tube camera so the image circle might only be big enough for a M4/3 sensor. Resolution might not be very high either as TV was only 400 lines resolution then.

Damn that's a waste of a £1.....and not worth trying to buy step down rings to M42. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? 1£?
Ha, I guess that even the materials are more expensive Very Happy

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if the price of the lens is < than the materialprice,
the try to adapt it is totally worth it Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Räbenfluch wrote:
And if the price of the lens is < than the materialprice,
the try to adapt it is totally worth it Wink

One went on the bay for £256 + £20 postage

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121069377584?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can help you to recover your money, I pay you more than 1£ to get yours... Laughing

I'm in love of this French brand.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManuallyYours wrote:
If I can help you to recover your money, I pay you more than 1£ to get yours... Laughing

I'm in love of this French brand.

Maybe I should sell it here, as some members like playing around with these sort of lenses with digital cameras Wink but how do you post something like this as it's so heavy (a wooden crate?).....and with 15 bids on the bay for one, I'm wondering what they would use it for Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angineux is known for their cinelenses, I guess people want that look, and it would best if they can get it cheap Wink
cheers

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, this kind of cine lens can be adapted on a DSLR. Yesterday, I already finished to mount a Nikkor-TV lens (S13-9B1-EMS-20) on my Nikon d300s. And it works perfect ! I'm going out today to try it at the Lyon's zoo. I already successfully adapt another which was a Fujinon 14x. So, I really think that this chunk piece of glass can be interesting, and become a new lens on a DSLR, and not for a third-four format.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManuallyYours wrote:
Seriously, this kind of cine lens can be adapted on a DSLR. Yesterday, I already finished to mount a Nikkor-TV lens (S13-9B1-EMS-20) on my Nikon d300s. And it works perfect ! I'm going out today to try it at the Lyon's zoo. I already successfully adapt another which was a Fujinon 14x. So, I really think that this chunk piece of glass can be interesting, and become a new lens on a DSLR, and not for a third-four format.

Well I can understand it's use, but what I don't understand is people paying £258 for a very heavy lens, is the quality so brilliant that no other smaller lens would do?
This lens should give decent quality as according to the serial number it was made about 1968, but although it focuses from 3.5 ft to infinity, the focusing zoom part (to initially set distance) has no friction to stop it moving if pointed up or down, and looking at the picture on ebay it would seem a motor adjusted this bit.