Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1st time dev film. Why not Fujicolor 200 in Caffenol? :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: 1st time dev film. Why not Fujicolor 200 in Caffenol? :) Reply with quote

Ok. Bad idea. Smile
So I shot a roll of Fujicolor 200 with my Canon EOS 500 (+ a Helios 44M lens with M42 adapter). My initial thought was to get it developed at the local lab as usual. But then since I was reading about Caffenol devs I thought why not? So I mixed up some dev soup using 6 tbsp coffe + 4 tbsp soda + 7 g vit C. Then 10 min developing at 20C and fixed with Foma fixer 4 min. Took the roll out and was ready to throw it away. Grey, underdev looking, nasty Sad
Then I looked a bit at it. Well there was something on that. So I let it dry then I scanned something on a flatbed HP. Got something. Something is the word here...
Take a look Smile
http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20133/6660_trepte_1.jpg
http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20133/6660_paladministr1_1.jpg
http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20133/6660_excav_1.jpg

Last edited by podinac on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: 1st time dev film. Why not Fujicolor 200 in Caffenol? :) Reply with quote

podinac wrote:
Ok. Bad idea. Smile
So I shot a roll of Fujicolor 200 with my Canon EOS 500 (+ a Helios 44M lens with M42 adapter). My initial thought was to get it developed at the local lab as usual. But then since I was reading about Caffenol devs I thought why not? So I mixed up some dev soup using 6 tbsp coffe + 4 tbsp soda + 7 g vit C. Then 10 min developing at 20C and fixed with Foma fixer 4 min. Took the roll out and was ready to throw it away. Grey, underdev looking, nasty Sad
Then I looked a bit at it. Well there was something on that. So I let it dry then I scanned something on a flatbed HP. Got something. Something is the word here...
Take a look Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1st time dev film. Why not Fujicolor 200 in Caffenol? :) Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
podinac wrote:
Ok. Bad idea. Smile
Take a look Smile

Hi podinac, welcome to the forum. You can't show photos in your first post, an anti-spam measure. You'll be OK from now on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that if the film was Fujicolor that it is a color film. You can process color film in caffenol? And even though it's color film it comes out B&W? I just processed my first couple rolls this past week so I'm new to processing right now but I'd like to try caffenol processing. Sounds interesting to try. I have read about caffenol but always assumed that the film being used in the caffenol was B&W.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Fujicolor is a C41 color film. You can process color film in BW chemicals and you'll get something that looks like BW. But no, it's not real BW. You are not going to get the same result as using real BW film.