Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Retina IIIS frame lines not automatically changing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Retina IIIS frame lines not automatically changing Reply with quote

Hi all,

I recently picked up a Retina IIIS in pretty good overall working condition, the only issue appears to be the frame lines automatically adjusting to the lenses.

As I only have the one Retina IIIS, I have nothing to compare the workings of the pin that actuates the focus, parallax as well as the frame lines. The camera shows the 35mm and 135 all the time, regardless of whether the 50 or 135 or 200 is mounted.

I've had the top off and had a look at the rangefinder assembly, and while there is an adjustment screw for the frame lines, this appears to be for only minor alignment issues and not the solving of major issues.

In exploring the amount of movement required to engage the appropriate frame lines in the rangefinder assembly it seems like the amount of movement in pin/collar in the lens mount is insufficient to bring up the right frame line.

When I look at the pin/collar, the brass collar moves freely on the pin and only when it is pushed almost flush with the lens mount does it have any effect on the frame lines and even then, not enough to make a different frame line appear. As I don't have another one to compare it with I'm left with thinking that there should be more and longer period of resistance on the brass collar thus having a more pronounced effect on the frame line selector mask.

Has anyone had a similar issue or have some advice in this particular area. I'd appreciate any suggestions.