Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax smc f1.2 50mm joins the kit bag
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Pentax smc f1.2 50mm joins the kit bag Reply with quote

So another lens ends up in the kit bag this time its the PENTAX 50MM F2 in really nice conditon and at a good price I might add.Thats the problem of manual lenses you dont know when enough is enough.
Any body know about radioactive lenses and any associated problems that they bring. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax smc f1.2 50mm joins the kit bag Reply with quote

DAVEG wrote:
So another lens ends up in the kit bag this time its the PENTAX 50MM F2 in really nice conditon and at a good price I might add.Thats the problem of manual lenses you dont know when enough is enough.
Any body know about radioactive lenses and any associated problems that they bring. Confused

Dont ever powder the elemnts and ingest them ,other than that you will be fine Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax smc f1.2 50mm joins the kit bag Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:

Dont ever powder the elemnts and ingest them ,other than that you will be fine Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

+10 lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax smc f1.2 50mm joins the kit bag Reply with quote

DAVEG wrote:

you got the pentax F1.2 or the pentax F2? BIG difference!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the Pentax smc f1.2 50mm Why whats wrong with it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVEG wrote:
It is the Pentax smc f1.2 50mm Why whats wrong with it.

Nothing, but in your title you state it is a f1.2 and your first post says it is a f2.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentax f/1.2 looks like a very tasty lens! I have the Nikkor 55/1.2 but only bought it because it was a hidden extra in a Nikon body auction. Couldn't afford it normally Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion I picked it up for £20 its on a pk mount which I have the adapter for so soon as it comes I will get some shots off and post the results. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£20? Are you sure it's the f/1.2 version? If so, you have a massive bargain by a few hundred quid! Are you sure it's not the SMC 50mm 1:2?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PENTAX f 1.2 SMC 50mm I can post a photo if it helps identify it properly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked it its a 1:2 smc 50mm . Still not a bad lens for the price tho.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a mega bargain if you have the f/1.2 version! That said, the f/2 version is a decent performer too. Post some snaps when you receive it please, I'd love to see the results Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
That's a mega bargain if you have the f/1.2 version! That said, the f/2 version is a decent performer too. Post some snaps when you receive it please, I'd love to see the results Smile

+1 Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if you got the f1.2, the results are best at f2 anyway Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a photo of the Pentax to peruse over ,

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M 2/50 is a decent lens, nothing special. 20 quid is a bit much for it though. There are better lenses for the same price.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a fair price I have seen them at £ 50 -70 so what lenese would you suggest for the price.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pretty common mistake to incorrectly list a lens as "1.2" instead of "1:2" or "f/2.0"

I've seen many Ebay auctions with that listed incorrectly.

Most of the time it's very easy to find out, because even from a small thumbnail image you can easily tell by the size of the front element what the lens really is. Mr. Green

Certainly for 50mm, 55mm lenses...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh it was the f/2 version after all. Should take nice pics though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might not be as good as my Zuiko but its still nice enough for the price . Cool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might not be as good as my Zuiko but its still nice enough for the price . Cool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to spend lots to get better IQ than your OM 50/1.8
There are few inexpensive 50's that are really great(sharpness & flare resistance), this is one of them, now if you are looking for a different rendering, then you will have lots to choose from.