Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flash sync problem on Canon QL17
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Flash sync problem on Canon QL17 Reply with quote

I've got a Canon QL17 camera & just got a Canon Canonlite D dedicated flash for it...However, the flash does not go off when I trip the shutter. I am wondering where the problem may be. The flash unit ready light lights up & it's properly positioned on the shoe...Will I have to take the top of the camera off & check the shoe's connections?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just try the simple test:

Swith on the flash unit.
Pick an isolated wire and peel off a small length on both extremes (the cable has to be isolated because the flash shoe can have a high voltage). Holding it from the isolated part, being careful to not touching any contact with the hands, contact both extremes of the wire one to the center spot in the hotshoe, the other in the lateral contact. The flash should trigger. If it doesn't, the problem is inside the flash. If it does, the problem is inside the camera.

Jes.